I don’t know about you, but ll about the 10-minute meals over here. Quick, easy and something delicious and I’m a happy camper.
These 10-minute Spicy Salmon Taquitos have been on repeat the past couple weeks as we are prepping for the bub’s arrival. Finishing up work, getting the nursery together and trying to be as low key as possible over here.
I first shared a healthy taquitos recipe a few months ago and you guys loved it! I love how crispy they can get without technically being fried and they only take a few minutes to prepare (winning). These ones are filled with wild salmon from Safe Catch, avocado, greens and a little spicy mixture with the salmon. If spicy isn’t your thing, just omit the hot sauce or only add a little bit. They will still turn out delicious. I also use a grain-free tortilla made with almond flour (linked in recipe below!) and it gets soo crispy and crunchy, I love it. You can use any tortilla you have though but the smaller corn ones won’t work as well and don’t fit as much in them to roll up!
I love keeping ready-to-eat type of products on hand like Safe Catch’s Wild Salmon. They come in handy when I’m in a bind and cannot figure out what to make for a meal and they stay good for awhile. Plus they have the lowest mercury in their fish products and they hand test every single batch – it is amazing. I have my whole fam hooked on there salmon and tuna now too. The tuna would also be delicious in this recipe if you only have that on hand. Mmm maybe some type of asian-flared taquito for next time? 😉
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
10-minute Spicy Salmon Taquitos
- 2 cans Safe Catch Wild Salmon
- 3 tablespoons avocado mayo (or any mayo)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce of choice
- 1-2 cups organic leafy greens (I love using baby arugula)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Avocado oil
- 4-6 tortillas of choice (I used these grain-free ones)
- Open each can of salmon and get rid of any excess liquid
- In a small bowl add the salmon, mayo, spices and hot sauce and mix well so it is almost puree-like
- Lay out a tortilla and add a couple spoonfuls of the salmon mixture to the side closest to you then add some avocado and greens on top and roll the taquito up (roll away from you)
- Repeat for each tortilla (you may need more tortillas depending on how much you fill the tortillas with)
- Add avocado oil to large skillet then crisp each taquito in the skillet for about 5 minutes (flipping half way through)
- Serve with avocado and any other dips you'd like (I love using this)
*These taste best day of but you can save in fridge for a couple of days.
Thank you Safe Catch for sponsoring this post!