PALEO BAGELS ARE HERE!
The easiest homemade paleo bagel recipe ever is officially on the blog. Full disclosure: they are the easiest because they are made using my favorite pizza dough mix (found here).
But who would think you can use pizza dough for BAGELS? I certainly did not.
I found a few extra boxes of the pizza mix in my pantry and wanted to use it for something other than pizza (although it is one of my favorite go-to dinners).
I saw the donut pan in the cabinet next to it and literally said to myself “I’m going to make bagels in my donut pan”. Jord looked at me like I was an alien (which is usually when I saw random stuff like this).
He also thought I was nuts thinking I was making bagels using a paleo pizza mix. Jord is also the king of real bagels and there was a time when we would eat them Satuday’s and Sunday’s. Now the times have changed aka we aren’t hung over in college every weekend, so we don’t find ourselves at the bagel store praying that the egg and cheese on an everything bagel soaks up the night before.
These bagels do not taste anything like real bagels. Especially being in NJ and NY where bagels are all the rage. But they are so delicious, easy to make and they tasted amazing with some avocado, eggs and bacon when I made a mini sandwich using one. You can also use them for pizza bagels, tuna sandwiches, anything!
The donut pan is relatively cheap and afterwar
ds you can use it to make some donuts 🙂
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a donut pan well
- In a large bowl add the eggs, ACV, water and oil and whisk well
- Add in the pizza mix and mix again followed by the coconut flour
- Once mixed, add dough to each donut mold and add an desired seasonings (I used sesame seeds and garlic!)
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes then enjoy!
- *Will stay good for about a week or you can freeze for longer