Healthy 5-ingredient Sweet Potato Latkes that are gluten and dairy-free!
Latke season, heyyyooo! Welcome back friends.
Obviously when someone says latke, I think of our family Hanukkah parties. And how my Mom always dreaded making them because of how much they stink up the house, HA! The traditional potato pancakes have quite the scent, let me tell you. Your hair will smell, your clothes, your skin, it is insane. But not making them is not an option.
I personally am not obsessed with latkes. I know, I know, crazy, but the potato family and I just don’t really get along. I would rather eat gelt and hanukkah cookies (shocker). But these easy sweet potato latkes are absolutely perfect and are a latke I can get on board with.
The best part? They don’t even smell up your house, heck YES. Even better, right?
These 5-ingredient Sweet Potato Latkes are straight up the best dish you can bring to your Hanukkah dinner (or just eat in general). They’re a guaranteed crowd pleaser, plus they are so easy to make.
5 ingredients, that is all you need. I also spiralized my sweet potato (yes very fancy) instead of just shredding it. One medium sized potato made about 15 latkes too, such a solid bang for your buck.
You will also need egg, almond flour, onion and my latest craze, avocado MAYO! Sir Kensington’s Avocado Mayo is no joke my friends. The lime green branding won me over as soon as I saw it but then I read the ingredients: avocado oil, egg yolks, water, lime juice, white distilled vinegar, organic sugar, sea salt, mustard flour, black pepper. See that? All ingredients we can pronounce AND they are real good.
Sir Kensington’s is not only approved by me but Jord (the ketchup king) is obsessed too. I used their dijon mustard on everything and their new fabanaise is perfect for all my vegan lovers out there. You may recognize Sir Kensington’s from those Crispy Dijon Brussels Sprouts and Salmon Burgers!
I get giddy when I see SK products out at restaurants. They are in a ton of my favorite restaurants in NYC (hello Fat Radish) and it’s amazing seeing one of your favorite brands taking OVA. They’re all natural, non-GMO and bomb. You can likely find their products in your local Whole Foods.
If you make these 5-ingredient Sweet Potato Latkes, share them with me. I can’t wait to hear what you guys think!
SK - Sweet Potato Latkes
- 1 medium sweet potato, spiralized
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1.5 tablespoons Sir Kensington's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil and/or avocado oils spray for greasing
- In a large bowl, add spiralized sweet potato (please note you can also just use shredded sweet potato but I have not tested this)
- Add in eggs, almond flour, mayo and onion and mix well with spatula or by hand
- Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Then in a large pan, add some avocado oil (about a teaspoon) or spray very well
- Heat the pan on medium high heat and once warm, begin adding 4 sweet potato latkes at a time
- I used a ¼ cup to scoop each latke and to form it, once the latke is on the pan press down with a fork or spoon to form well
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side then add to a plate (I put a paper towel down to absorb grease)
- Continue cooking each latke then serve with your choice of condiments! I love apple sauce with them and dijon mustard, Jord loves ketchup!
Thank you Sir Kensington’s for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!