You guys… I feel like I have accomplished a marathon right now. Nut AND grain-free chocolate granola made with only 6 easy ingredients. Like what is happening?
I am a huge fan of grain-free anything these days incase you haven’t noticed. I’m not really sure why but the obsession is real. It may be because they are typically lighter (at least in my opinion) and I also love how challenging it is to make something delicious AND grain-free.
Now add on nut-free to that grain-free recipe and it’s seriously a game changer.
I’m not much of a nut-free fan considering that I live off of all things peanut butter, almond milk and cashew ice cream related but, I want to be able to help those with nut allergies eat clean and delicious foods. Now granolas are mostly always made with some type of nut. My little brother (well not so little anymore) is highly allergic to nuts, which I mentioned in my Paleo & Nut-free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, so it’s pretty rare when we find a granola that is suitable for his allergy.
This 6-ingredient Chocolate Granola is made with SunButter Organic. SunButter Organic is completely peanut free, tree nut free, soy free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, GMO free, like whatever you want to be free of (besides sunflower seeds) this is your go-to spread. Now I use SunButter in a handful of my recipes, especially baking ones when I want that creamy consistency but nothing too overpowering (sorry PB, you are too strong sometimes).
By the way, in case you missed it, I am chatting all things IG and more on Nicole Culver’s Podcast — link is here.
[bctt tweet=”Nut & grain-free chocolate granola made with 6 ingredients!”]
Just look at that sweet chocolatey glaze OMG…
- 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon SunButter (or your nut butter of choice)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds in a medium bowl
- Heat a medium skillet and add coconut oil
- Once coconut oil fully melts and greases the pan/skillet, add SunButter
- Once the mixture is liquid, add the dry mixture to the pan and stir well, make sure the granola is evenly coated with the SunButter mixture
- Toast on the stove for about 15 minutes on medium heat
- Pour onto a lined baking tray and after a few minutes of cooling down, add chocolate
- It will melt a little more within the granola to make it creamy and chocolatey
- Finally, enjoy with your favorite milk, yogurt or by itself
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting the blog and making rachLmansfield.com possible! xx