I have been craving muffins like crazy lately. The only problem is that my muffin pan is at my parent’s in New Jersey and I’m here in NYC. I could go to a Whole Foods or a local bakery to buy a muffin, but we all know that muffins are loaded with extra fat, carbs and sugar that we do not need. The good news is that my parents are coming this week and can bring me my muffin pan! Woot woot!
In the meantime I created these Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats. No they are not a muffin but they sure were delicious and definitely did a good job holding me over until I can make my own muffins soon. You can adapt this recipe so that it satisfies your own muffin craving. I personally wanted a blueberry flavored one so that’s what I went with here. Plus why not add an extra antioxidant loaded fruit to my overnight oats?
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (I used Old Fashioned Oats)
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk (you can use any milk you like)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of organic blueberries (I used frozen ones)
- A sprinkle of raw shaved almonds
- 1.5 tablespoons of Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- Mix together oatmeal, milk, chia seeds, blueberries, almonds and cinnamon.
- Let them sit overnight in your refrigerator.
- The next morning add the vanilla almond butter. I highly recommend microwaving the almond butter for about 10-15 seconds so it softens and can mix easily.