My last ode to summer is in this bowl. My blueberry vanilla smoothie bowl. This summer I finally jumped on the smoothie bowl train and so far I haven’t looked back. I never understood the appeal of a drinkable smoothie (and still don’t) so when smoothie bowls came into the picture thanks to my gal Georgie from In It 4 the Long Run, I registered for a Magic NutriBullet (AMAZING by the way) and I was so excited to finally experiment with smoothies in a new way.
This one is fruity, hearty and of course is filled with a crunch since I cannot eat a smoothie bowl without some sort of crunch from granola or nuts.
It’s made with your basic fruit, nut milk, protein, nut butter and granola. The flavors are like eating a blueberry vanilla ice cream cone (if that flavor actually exists). You don’t have to use the same brands I did in this recipe but I do recommend them, and they are some of my absolute favorites. If you have something similar at home, of course feel free to use that.
Blueberry Vanilla Smoothie Bowl
- 1 large frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 packet of Vega One vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup of your choice granola (I used OMG)
- Place frozen banana, blueberries and Vega One into your nutribullet or blender.
- Add almond milk and blend until smoothie consistency.
- Pour into your bowl and top with almond butter & granola