Chickpea Flour Carrot Zucchini Bread is HERE. I am a little late to the chickpea flour game but I am officially obsessed.
I was pretty apprehensive on using flour made from chickpeas at first and I also lied to Jord when I told him what this bread was made out of it. He doesn’t really enjoy anything chickpea/hummus related and obviously I wanted to trick him and see if he could tell what this bread was made out of 😉
And incase you are wondering, he had no idea it was made out of chickpea flour..
I am always looking for gluten-free alternatives for baking especially since I do try to eat a gluten-free diet now (helps to balance hormones I hear..). Chickpea flour is full of plant-based protein, it has a solid fiber content and it is so versatile.
I used Nuts.com’s Chickpea Flour. It is made from dried chickpeas and it is an easy sub for any wheat flour or all-purpose flour, plus it has more fiber, iron and protein than others. It’s a sublet flavor that isn’t too overpowering either.
This Chickpea Flour Carrot Zucchini Bread is the perfect breakfast or snack loaf that isn’t too sweet and it is gluten and dairy-free. It is low in sugar with only a little maple syrup to sweeten the loaf and there are two types of veggies involved. I also added some pecans from Nuts.com on top for an extra crunch and a little nut butter drizzle, cuz duh.
Nuts.com is game changer brand. They sell pretty much anything you can ever imagine in the nights, dried fruit and flour world (and more). And they deliver SO FAST. I ordered a bunch of different nuts one night and they were at my apartment the next day. It was insane.
I highly recommend giving chickpea flour a try with this recipe. Add a little yogurt or nut butter on top and you will fall in love.
WHAT YOU NEED
Pecans or any nuts
Eating Evolved Coconut Butter (use code rachLcoconutcups for free chocolate with your order!)
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs (can sub flax or chia eggs)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1.5 cups chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini (squeeze out moisture really well)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup pecans or any nut you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl add coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract and almond milk and whisk together
- In another bowl, mix together baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, chickpea flour and mix
- Add dry ingredients to wet then mix in carrots and zucchini
- Fold in nuts and bake in oven for 45-55 minutes (until toothpick turns out clean)
- I drizzled Eating Evolved Coconut Butter on top (code RACHL for free chocolate with your order!)
Thank you Nuts.com for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!