Chocolate Banana Collagen Snack Bars, oh my gosh. You won me over as soon as I suck my teeth into these gems.
Filled with creamy nut butter, mashed bananas, chocolate and the real star of the show – collagen peptides.
Collagen peptides have been a key ingredient here on the blog in many many recipes. I use them in a variety of foods like my egg-free Zucchini Brownies, Homemade Collagen Bread and more. It is a staple in my daily life, whether I add it to my hot tea or smoothie or bake and cook with it. It is also something I do recommend investing in. I know collagen peptides aren’t the cheapest item to purchase, but you get a solid bang for your buck.
I use Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, which comes from grass-fed cows and their Marine Collagen from wild caught fish. They make a variety of amazing collagen products and even have some flavored offerings.
By adding collagen into my daily eats, I am giving an extra boost of protein to the recipe, benefiting my hair skin and nails, joint health and digestion. Told ya it is worth the investment. I have Jord, my Mom and my Mother-in-law now all hooked too on Vital Proteins.
When you add the collagen peptide (or marine collagen) to this recipe, you don’t even taste it! I recommend using the unflavored varieties for this so you really taste the banana and chocolate flavors of the bars.
These Chocolate Banana Collagen Snack Bars are gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free. They stay well on the counter and if you leave in the fridge, they are good for about a week! I also froze some and have been defrosting them to add to my yogurt bowls with granola for breakfast (so good!).
WHAT YOU NEED
Sprouted rolled oats
Creamy nut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup sprouted rolled oats
2 cups oat flour (or sub spelt flour or gluten-free flour)
2 small bananas
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
Chocolate banana layer
1/2 cup creamy nut butter
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup nut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil or line with parchment paper
- In a food processor, add the bottom layer ingredients and pulse until well combined (dough will be a bit sticky!)
- Add dough to the baking dish and press down well
- Wipe out the food processor and add in the chocolate banana layer on top
- Pulse until creamy then add chocolate layer on to the bottom dough layer and evenly spread it across
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes then enjoy! I recommend waiting about 10 minutes to cut and store these in the fridge for up to 5 days or on counter in air tight container for up to 3 days
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!