These muffins, oh my gosh. Melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate Chip Banana Challah French Toast Muffins. So delicious, so satisfying and way too easy to make.
This recipe is combing these two gems, plus adding some sliced bananas and dark chocolate chips to make them even better.
I’ve been noticing lately that many bloggers name their recipes “dairy free _______” or “gluten free & vegan _____” to help entice people who either prefer recipes for a certain diet type or have allergies to make their recipes. From time to time I do that as well if I think it fits the title, but I also think it’s beginning to be irrelevant to the recipe at times. Basically every recipe on here is dairy free, some gluten free and some vegan, and if they aren’t it is quite easy to substitute any of my ingredients to make them satisfy your needs. The one dietary title I want to dabble in is paleo. I love paleo food when I eat it (especially desserts) so I definitely want to learn about it since I think those recipes are harder to substitute things for.
So what I am getting at is, I easily could’ve named these muffins “Dairy Free, Gluten Free friendly Chocolate Chip Banana Challah French Toast Muffins”, but that is a serious mouthful and not important. What’s important is that these muffins are easy to make and filled with chocolate, duh.
What usually entices me to look at a recipe on another blog are the number ingredients or how long it takes to make it. Such as Easy 5-ingredient Salmon Meatballs or 3-ingredient Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter. The most intimidating part of a recipe can be the number of ingredients (if there are more than 10, you’ve lost me) or how long it will take us to make something.
I guess my point here is, if you don’t see a specific dietary description in my recipe, don’t look the other way. Chances are, you can easily adapt any recipe to fit your needs.
To make these dreamy Chocolate Chip Banana Challah French Toast Muffins you will need:
[bctt tweet=”Chocolate Chip Banana Challah French Toast Muffins made with less than 8 ingredients”]
Chocolate Chip Banana Challah French Toast Muffins
- 3 whole wheat challah rolls diced (or any bread you wish, around 6-8 slices)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of liquid egg whites
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 large banana sliced
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place liners in your muffin tray
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together almond milk, eggs, egg whites, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Fold in diced bread (make sure bread is evenly coated with mixture)
- Fold in sliced bananas and dark chocolate chips to bowl
- Using a spoon, pour the mixture into each muffin tin and fill to top
- Bake in oven for about 25 minutes