Posted by http://rachlmansfield.com/chocolate-dipped-peanut-butter-cookies/
© 2017 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies (vegan)
- 1 cup One Degree Organic Spelt Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (the more oil-y the better)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any dairy-free milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate of choice
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray
- In a medium bowl, mix together creamy peanut butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract (I used hand mixer but you can use whisk too)
- Once mixed well, add spelt flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix well (it should be very doughy!)
- Roll the dough into small ball-sized pieces using about 1-2 tablespoons of dough each
- Flatten with a fork to get that crisscross effect and to flatten the cookies to bake
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes and let them cool for a bit
- Once the cookies are cool, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in sauce pan over heat and dip each cookie in the melted chocolate, you can sprinkle some crushed nuts on top too!
- Place back onto baking tray and let the chocolate set for about 30 minutes
- Enjoy! *These will stay good for 5-7 days or you can freeze for longer