This is MAJOR everyone.
French toasts sticks, meet cookies.
Cookies, meet french toast sticks.
You guys are a match made in HEAVEN. After taking one bit of these Cinnamon Cookie French Toast Sticks, I got a warm tingly feeling. You know that flavor sensation your whole body feels when you eat something that taste really good and you don’t want it to end?
Please tell me I’m not the only one who gets that, right?
These 7-ingredient Cinnamon Cookie French Toast Sticks are the most indulgent yet not-going-to-leave-you-in-a-coma breakfast recipe.
They’re dairy free, gluten free friendly and are ready in less than 20 minutes (15 if you are quick). And devoured in approx. 5 minutes (or 2 if you are Jord).
The best part about these Cinnamon Cookie French Toast Sticks are the COOKIES (obviously!). I used my go-to gluten free cookie from ginnybakes. The Sweet Cinnamon Love flavor is one of the most deliciously simple tasting cookies out there. I love dipping them in nut milk, smearing some nut butter on them or now making french toast sticks with them. You probably already know my ginnybakes obsession from some of these gems: Chocolate Chip Cookie Smoothie Bowl, Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cup Blossoms & Cookie Dusted Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
You will also need your favorite thick bread (don’t use thin flakey bread it will break), almond milk, egg, egg whites, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Plus a little grass-fed butter, coconut oil or something for the pan.
Now let’s get to it..
[bctt tweet=”Indulgent yet simple, Cinnamon Cookie French Toast Sticks”]
Cinnamon Cookie French Toast Sticks
- 4 slices of bread cut into 1 inch thick strips (make sure it is on the thicker side, I used whole wheat potato)
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg whites
- Splash of vanilla
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 8 ginnybakes cinnamon cookies crushed
- Coconut oil or grass fed butter for pan
- Melt butter or oil of choice in large skillet over medium heat
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, egg, egg whites, vanilla and cinnamon together
- Place crushed cookies onto a medium sized plate
- Dip each slice of the bread into the liquid mixture to coat completely (make sure you wipe off any excess liquid to avoid the bread from breaking)
- Gently covered the bread slice in the cookie mixture
- Place it on heated skilled & repeat for each slice
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, it should be crunchy on the ends
- Enjoy immediately with maple syrup or toppings of choice
By the way, if you use the code bake7 on ginnybakes website, you get $5 off your order of $25 or more (not a affiliate code, just wanted to share the love!)
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting the blog and making rachLmansfield.com possible! xx