I think these Cinnamon-Spiced Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins have to be the most challenging recipe I have ever made. I thought that those Flourless Oatmeal Cookie Carmelita Bars were, but I was wrong, very very wrong.
These muffins are free of the top 8 most common allergens: eggs, wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, dairy, fish and shellfish. Aka the top 8 most common foods I eat (oops). As you see on the blog, nuts and eggs play a prettyyyy large role in my diet. Especially since many of my recipes are made with almond and coconut flours and I basically bathe myself in coconut oil daily.
This is also the most allergy-friendly recipe I have ever made. I used gluten-free baking flour, banana, chia egg, maple syrup and a few other baking staples. I used Enjoy Life Foods Mega Chunks for the sweet chocolatey goodness in these too.
Enjoy Life Foods is seriously an industry game changer in the clean-eating world. They create products that are free of the top most common 8 allergens, making it so easy (and delicious) for those with allergies to still enjoy yummy treats.
Enjoy Life Foods make a variety of baking chocolates and baking mixes in addition to ready-to-eat cookies, chocolate bars and more. And the best part? Even if you don’t have any allergies (like myself), you will LOVE their products. They are made with CLEAN ingredients and have no fake and yucky stuff. Enjoy Life Foods products are also all verified Non-GMO, certified Kosher, and are made with no artificial ingredients. A selection of their products are also certified vegan.
I made these Cinnamon-Spiced Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins twice so far. Once using gluten-free flour and another time using Enjoy Life Foods’ All-Purpose Flour. You can absolutely use either. The chocolate chunks on the other hand from Enjoy Life Foods, is nonnegotiable 😉
Cinnamon-Spiced Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins (vegan)
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoons ground chia + 3 tablespoons water in fridge for 15 minutes)
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple sauce (I used unsweetened organic)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (or 1 cup of Enjoy Life Foods Baking Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tray
- Mix together wet ingredients with Kitchen Aid or mixer in medium bowl
- In small bowl, mix together dry ingredients
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix well
- Stir in chocolate chunks
- Evenly pour into each muffin and bake for 15-20 minutes (toothpick should turn out clean)
Thank you Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!