If you invite me over for the holidays, there’s a 99% chance I am bringing some type of truffle along with me for dessert.
I love making chocolatey truffles and they are always a crowd pleaser at dinner parties and over the holidays. I am someone who wants dark chocolate of sorts after dinner so when there isn’t any served, I end up going home and eating some anyways. Anyone else a complete dark chocolate addict?!
Bringing truffles ensures that our craving will be satisfied, and there are so many truffle possibilities (see all my truffle recipes here!).
These Coconut Butter Pretzel Truffles though are my recent favorite. They are sweetened with dates and are made of simple and easy ingredients. Plus the salty pretzel flavor and crunch on top compliments the sweet chocolatey flavor so much.
I use Glutino Gluten Free Pretzel Twists in these truffles and they are so good! Glutino makes all gluten-free products like cookies, flours, chips, anything! I love finding unique ways to use their products in recipes to switch up how you enjoy all of their goods.
Now it is time to make some sweet and salty Coconut Butter Pretzel Truffles!
WHAT YOU NEED
Coconut butter (I use this one, code RACHL for free chocolate with order!)
Dark chocolate chips or bark (I love this one, code RACHL for free chocolate with order!)
Coconut Butter Pretzel Truffles (gluten + dairy-free)
- 6 pitted dates (if too hard soften in hot water for a few minutes)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 2/3 cup Glutino Pretzels (any variety, broken ones are fine!)
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips or chocolate of choice
- optional: 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add almonds to food processor and process until you reach the consistency of a meal and remove (just a few pulses)
- Next add in pretzels and process again so it is mostly a fine flour
- Remove from food processor and add to a bowl with almond flour
- Next, place softened dates in the food processor and process until it forms into a ball
- Add the coconut butter and pulse until well combined
- Then add in the pretzel-almond mixture and mix until a dough is formed
- Once you have a dough that's easy to form into balls, scoop out a tablespoon or so and roll/carefully form into balls
- Set on parchment paper and place in freezer to chill
- Next melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments
- Once melted, stir in coconut oil if needed to really thin the chocolate out
- Remove truffles from freezer and then, one at a time, dip them into the melted chocolate
- Use a fork to remove them and tap away excess chocolate then transfer back onto parchment paper and top with pretzel pieces
- If you have leftover chocolate, double dip the truffle or save for another recipe!
- Repeat until all truffles are dipped. Place back in the freezer to set
- *Store in fridge for a week or freezer for a couple of months
Thank you Glutino for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!