I always think of my Mom whenever I hear about or eat chocolate covered strawberries. They are her absolute FAVORITE dessert. They are definitely one of mine too, but no one loves them more than my Mama. She doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth (I get that from my Dad) but she love loves chocolate covered strawberries!
My Mom always used to have fresh strawberries for us in the house growing up. Whenever I would eat too many I used to get a little rash on my arm and we would joke it was a “strawberry rash”. My Mom used to get them too when she was younger, and I always thought it was so special that both of our bodies reacted the same way. It some how made me feel even closer to her.
Any ways, what I am getting to is that these Cookie Dusted Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries are dedicated to my Mama. My biggest fan, best friend and my overall person. The person I call when I stub my toe, when I am walking around NYC, when I’m bored and when I have any type of news to share. Not to mention she is obsessed with ginnybakes too!
For the “cookie dust”, I used my favorite ginny bakes double chocolate cookie happiness. It adds the perfect crunch and extra flavor to the dark chocolate chocolate covered strawberries.
The best part about making these? You will only need 3 ingredients to make these Cookie Dusted Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
dark chocolate chips/morsels (I use vegan/gluten free)
Cookie Dusted Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries + 5 Other Dessert Recipes to Share
- 1 container of organic strawberries (washed and totally dried)
- 6-8 ounces of dark chocolate chips
- 8 crushed ginnybakes double chocolate cookies cut into extremely fine pieces (I put them in a plastic bag and broke them)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Set up a bowl of the crumbled ginnybakes double chocolate cookies aside for later
- Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl in microwave for 90 seconds (stir once throughout at 45 seconds)
- Begin dipping the ends of the strawberries in the chocolate, allow excess to drip off
- Place each strawberry on the baking tray
- Once a couple strawberries are on tray, sprinkle the cookie crumbs on top (you don't want to wait until the end because chocolate may be hard)
- Once tray is filled leave in fridge uncovered for 30 minutes then place in tupperware and leave covered in fridge for up to 1 week
Now here are 5 more delicious dessert recipes for you! I’ve teamed up with 5 other amazing bloggers to share some of their favorite dessert recipes they love to share for Valentine’s Day!
[bctt tweet=”6 Delicious Desserts for you to enjoy this Valentine’s Day!”]
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies by The Balanced Berry Gluten free peanut butter cookies with a kiss of jam right in the middle. Only requires six ingredients, and comes together in one bowl!
Fudgey Black Bean Brownies by The Almond Eater These Fudgy Black Bean Brownies are flourless, chocolate-y and a healthy way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Neapolitan Coconut Butter Cups by Fit Mitten Kitchen A layered mix of coconut butter in the classic ice cream flavor, these Vegan Neapolitan Coconut Butter Cups are a healthier way to indulge for Valentine’s Day.
Strawberry Cheesecakes by The Blissful Balance Light and creamy cheesecake atop a cruncy graham cracker crust topped with sweet, guava jam for a bite full of flavor.
Vegan Chocolate Truffles by In It 4 the Long Run Celebrate Valentine’s Day right with these scrumptious vegan chocolate truffles that will melt in your mouth.
Are you totally drooling yet? Hope you all enjoy this Valentine’s Day!
By the way, if you use the code bake7 on ginnybakes website, you get $5 off your order of $25 or more (not a affiliate code, just wanted to share the love!)