Let’s be real right now.
Sometimes we all get lazy. It is just a matter of life. There are times I want to lay down on the couch and do nothing besides binge watch Real Housewives and eat banana bread. But unfortunately, that isn’t something I get to do too often as a solopreneur.
I have pretty much been non-stop hustling for the last 7 months since working for myself. So many people tell me how lucky I am that I set my own hours, have flexibility and don’t work for “the man”. They are right in saying that, but at the same time I cringe. I am lucky, the luckiest but that doesn’t mean it is easy.
Working for myself has been 100x harder than I imagined, BUT it has been 100x more rewarding. When you set goals for yourself and your brand to accomplish and they finally happen, there is no better feeling. Knowing that your hustle, tenacity and ambition actually pay off, is a feeling unlike any other. It makes the hard work, late nights and over exhaustion worth it.
I never imagined working for myself at any point in my life, but here I am 26 and working 24/7. I don’t exactly have life balance but at the same time I have never been happier. I am pretty much rambling at this point but I promise there is an actual purpose to this rant.
Now that summer time is here it has been barbecue after dinner after event and needless to say I am POOPED. We haven’t spent longer than 5 straight days in NYC since May, which is a lot for me as I crave routine and consistency.
These Dark Chocolate Coconut Dipped Cookies are the made for those moments when you need to bring a dessert to someone’s home but have basically 0 time to even think about what to bake and actually bake it.
They take 5 minutes to prepare and are a serious crowd pleaser. Grab your favorite box of cookies, dip them into dark chocolate and coconut and pop them into the fridge to harden.
I used ginnybakes chocolate chip cookie for this recipe as they are one of the cleanest gluten-free cookies out there. They of course taste delicious plain but when you want to dress them up a bit, dark chocolate and coconut does the trick.
[bctt tweet=”Dark Chocolate Coconut Dipped Cookies for an easy 5-minute dessert” username=”rachLmansfield”]
- 1 package of ginnybakes chocolate chip cookies (or your favorite cookie)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- *You can also add nuts, dried fruit, etc.*
- Lay out wax paper on a plate or baking tray
- Begin melting dark chocolate chips in microwave (you may need to add coconut oil) in 30 second increments until fully melted (stir every 30 seconds)
- Dip each cookie in the chocolate and lay on wax paper
- Once all cookies are covered with chocolate, sprinkle coconut flakes on top
- Place in fridge for the cookies to settle for about 30 mins
- Will stay good for 5-7 days in or out of fridge