Dark Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Tacos. Today we are giving a whole new meaning to “Taco Tuesday” my friends.
You may remember my go-to sorbetto and gelato brand, Ciao Bella, from a handful of recipes on the blog. We have now made Grain-free Berry Crisp, Boozy Creamsicle Floats and your absolute favorite, the 5-ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard.
These Dark Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Tacos may just be one of my new favorites. Probably because we are combining life’s greatest foods: ice cream, tacos AND chocolate. I am pretty sure it doesn’t get better than this babes.
Plus the addition of sprinkles and coconut flakes on top, I am pretty much in taco heaven right now.
So when you make these ice cream tacos, you definitely need a little bit a patience so bare with me. Making the soft flour tortillas into “hard” tortillas sounds a bit complicated, but I promise it is easier than you think. I used my handy dandy tin foil balls and folded the tortillas over before putting them in the oven to “harden”. It is all laid out in the directions below but it is MUCH easier than we think.
The inside of the tacos are filled with the best dark cacao sorbetto from Ciao Bella, but you can use any flavor you wish.
Finally, if you do make these chocolate ice cream tacos, I will love you forever if you share them on Instagram or your favorite social channel. I love seeing you babes make my recipes, it truly keeps me going and inspires me for what to make next! This community is so amazing and I could not be more grateful to be a part of it. Inspiring each other everyday is truly magical!
Okay, enough mushy talk, let’s eat some ICE CREAM TACOS!
[bctt tweet=”Dark Chocolate DIPPED Ice Cream Tacos” username=”rachLmansfield”]
- 4 small/medium flour tortillas (do not use corn tortillas, too weak)
- 1 pint of ciao bella sorbetto (I used dark cacao)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Toppings: sprinkles, coconut flakes, nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking tray with foil and begin preparing the tortillas by greasing one side of the tortilla with coconut oil spray (or just rub a little coconut oil)
- Fold over the tortilla and insert a couple of foil balls in each to keep them open
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until crips
- Let the taco shell cool for a few minutes then begin filling each with sorbetto
- Wrap each taco in plastic wrap and put in freezer for another 30 minutes
- Begin melting dark chocolate with a little coconut oil in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until melted completely (stir every 30 seconds)
- Dip ice cream filled taco into dark chocolate
- Sprinkle with sprinkles, coconut or desired topping
- Place back onto the lined baking tray and pop into the freezer for another 20 minutes
- Enjoy immediately!
Thank you Ciao Bella for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!