Oh hi friends. Just me over here, your friendly banana bread addict coming at you with another dreamy bread recipe for ya’ll. Double Chocolate CHUNK Banana Bread that is.
I’m pretty sure we have a loaf of sorts in our fridge at all times. The second I see those bananas freckle, I basically run to put the oven on and whip a new bread up. Usually I make one of my banana breads with almond flour, coconut flour or oat flour but this one is made with gluten-free baking flour. I realized I had a ton of it in the pantry when we were moving and had never used it before.
I was a little cautious as cooking with a new flour usually intimidates me but it was super easy and basically was a 1:1 sub for any other flour. It definitely gives the banana bread a different consistency too compared to the grain-free flours.
It is a lot more cake-like and less moist in a way. But besides the new flour in this recipe, I also snuck in an ingredient you aren’t expecting.
Marine Collagen from my pals at Vital Proteins. You read all about my marine collagen obsession in these Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cup Overnight Oats and I love sneaking it into recipes. I also mix it with water if I don’t have any recipes with collagen ready just to make sure I get in my daily dosage. Many of my friends mix it in their smoothies, coffee, anything. It is a very very mild flavor so don’t be intimidated.
Plus even if you are, you can just make a banana bread and mask it like this one 🙂
Finally if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share it with me on social media so I can see it! I love seeing all the goods you babes make.
Double Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread (gf, df)
- 2 ripe medium sized bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup drippy chocolate coconut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs (can sub flax egg but I haven't tested)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour (can sub oat flour but I haven't tested others)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons vital proteins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together wet ingredients in a medium bowl using Kitchen Aid or hand mixer (if you don't have one just mix very well with wooden spoon!)
- Add in dry ingredients then fold in dark chocolate chips
- Pour into a grease bread dish and bake for about 40 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
- Let cool for a few minutes then enjoy!
- Will stay good for about 5 days, in fridge for about 7 or freezer for a couple of months*
Thank you Vital Protein for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!