Okay so here’s the story. I had a few extra boxes of Simple Mill’s Pancake & Waffle Mix in my pantry but really wanted to switch things up a bit. Of course I love my waffles and pancakes like crazy but it was time to experiment with a new recipe using this mix.
I wasn’t sure what exactly I was making as I started adding random ingredients and when I was forming the dough it really reminded me a scone and a pancake combined. At first I thought a cookie but these Gluten-free Blueberry Pancake Scones are not as sweet as a cookie and the consistency and texture is much more scone-like than cookies.
I pretty much died and went to heaven when I took my first bite. Jord was again still on Whole30, so I was left with a full batch of pancake scones to enjoy. For my second batch I was able to share with some friends (thank goodness) and everyone was loving these. I knew I had to share with you!
I love that the base of these is Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle Mix because the ingredients are absolutely on point. Sweetened with a little coconut sugar and an almond flour base, these don’t spike your blood sugar and they’re actually filling for a sweeter morning treat. The addition of the organic blueberries (I used fresh) really had me feeling like I was eating a pancake.
I added in some extra coconut flour to thicken them up and use coconut oil, pasture-raised eggs and a few other simple ingredients you likely have on hand if you are a frequent baker from the blog.
These Gluten-free Blueberry Pancake Scones are perfect to food prep for the week to snack on for breakfast or just have as a snack and they are a delicious option to bring to a friend’s brunch! If you are stocked up on Simple Mills at all times like I am, here are a few of my other favorite recipes with their mixes: Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Bars, Dark Chocolate PB Brownie Loaf and Crispy Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed Waffles. Don’t forget to share your creations with me over on Instagram! I cannot wait to see.
- 1 box Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large pasture raised eggs
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup washed organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar
- Mix in the pancake & waffle mix, coconut flour and baking powder until evenly combined
- Fold in blueberries and mix well
- Scoop into about 10 scones and add to baking sheet
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes then enjoy!
Store leftovers in airtight container on counter for up to 5 days or in the fridge for a week or freezer for a coupe months!
Thank you Simple Mills for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!