Babes, I did it. I made SOFT chocolate chip cookies. And it doesn’t stop there. These Easy Chocolate Chip Orange Cookies are vegan, grain AND gluten-free. Plus they don’t taste like cardboard (I promise, J even loved them).
These cookies are a game changer. They are basically raw tasting (my favorite) and are so soft and chewy and UGH so good. I have a couple of them stashed in the freezer for “emergencies” too. Also known as everyday after dinner when I need something chocolatey and in cookie form to dip into almond milk.
Anyone else obsessed with post dinner milk and cookies?
Yes I am still 5 years old and basically bribe myself all day to do things so I can eat my milk and cookies after dinner. Plus these Easy Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with just 7 ingredients and are ready SO quickly. Almost too quickly because you can make them after you eat dinner and they are ready in less than 20 minutes start to finish.
Plus these cookies have a unique flavor twist in them thanks to the orange flavor. I used orange zest plus Zevia Orange Soda. Baking with Zevia has become my new favorite because it has SUCH a fluff factor, it is amazing. You may recognize it from these Flourless Dark Chocolate Strawberry Fudge Brownies or Flourless Vegan Blueberry Lemon Pancakes. Plus it adds an extra flavor boost too. Zevia comes in SO many flavors so there is a ton to experiment with here. I find mine a try local Whole Foods too in the beverage aisle. Zevia also has a new product coming out so soon that I cannot wait to share with you babes. You are going to LOVE it.
If you make these cookies, I recommend freezing some too. They tasted DELICIOUS cold then dipped in milk, oh my gosh. Is it dessert time yet?
Easy Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies (v, gf)
- 1 and 1/3 cup almond flour (have not tested other flours)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (have not tested other flours)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter (can sub any nut butter you like)
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted and cooled if not already in liquid form)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Orange Zevia (or seltzer or omit all together)
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder and set aside
- In another medium bowl, mix together creamy almond butter, coconut oil. maple syrup, Orange Zevia and orange zest with a Kitchen Aid (I used a handheld one)
- Add wet ingredients and dry and mix with Kitchen Aid again until well combined
- Place in fridge for about 15-30 minutes
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray well
- Form into cookies (about 2 tablespoons each)
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Will stay good for 5-7 days or freeze for longer!
Thank you Zevia for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!