Easy Vegan Ginger Pear Crumb Muffins made with simple and healthy ingredients
As you likely just saw on Instagram, I was recently in Miami for a few days with my parents and Jord. We had to get up at 5:30am for our flight. For those of you who know me, know that is like deadly early for me..
Obviously I packed breakfast for the plane since there was a 0 percent chance I was relying on airport food. I defrosted the last of these muffins and oh my gosh, I fell in love with them over again on the plane.
These Easy Vegan Ginger Pear Crumb Muffins are one of the most flavorful yet light muffin I have ever had. Filled with chunks of fresh pear, made with a grain-free and vegan batter and topped with a light crumb topping, they are a DREAM.
I have always been a sucker for anything pear flavored. It is a such a rare flavor when it comes to baking too making these muffins even better.
Grain-free AND vegan is a unique combo since grain-free flours are a bit temperamental. But these muffins are made with almond flour, chia egg and are SO moist and not dry at all. I use creamy almond butter, applesauce, almond milk and Zevia Ginger Ale as a few of the “wet” ingredients here.
Zevia Ginger Ale plus some ground ginger is such a dreamy compliment to the pear flavors here. Zevia is one of the most underrated products to bake with. The carbonated stevia-sweetened beverage comes in the most delicious flavors like grape, orange, cola, and more. You likely recognize Zevia from a handful of recipes on the blog (7 to be exact!).
I find Zevia in my local Whole Foods but they are likely in any grocery store near you. Zevia also helps satisfy that diet soda craving I get from time to time in the afternoon. I was the girl who wanted an IV of Diet Coke in her arm at all times and I could not be more grateful for companies like Zevia who are changing the game. They make soda drinkable again.
Don’t forget to share these muffins with me on social when you make them. They are such a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack muffin. Filled with chunky pear and packed with ginger, the flavor is unreal.
Easy Vegan Ginger Pear Crumb Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour (have not tested other flours)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 chia eggs (2 tablespoons ground chia, 6 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons Zevia Ginger
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (honey or agave will work)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled and chopped pears (1 pear worked for me)
- 6 teaspoon almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line muffin tray
- In a medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients an set aside
- In another medium/large bowl mix wet ingredients with Kitchen Aid hand mixer
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well
- Stir in pears
- Pour into each muffin cup
- In a small bowl, combine crumb topping and mix with fork so it is crumbly
- Add on top of muffins and place in oven
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until tooth pick turns out clean)
- Store in airtight container on counter or fridge for 5-7 days or freeze for longer*
Thank you Zevia for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!