Abnormally excited about these cookies right now.
I debated whether or not to put avocado in the name here because I don’t want it to turn anyone away from making them. It 100% sounds soooo off to have avocado and cookies in the same title but trust me on this you guys.
These Fatty Dark Chocolate Avocado Fudge Cookies surpassed any sort of expectation I had for making a dessert with avocado in it that isn’t my smoothie pudding or truffles. These cookies are SOOO fudgy and taste 100x more rich than they actually are. They are so simple and easy to make and they are filled with healthy fats and not much sugar so I’m not spiking my blood sugar levels like crazy.
Plus these Fatty Dark Chocolate Avocado Fudge Cookies even have HEMP HEARTS in them! In case you are like “what the beep is a hemp heart?”, I gotchu covered.
Hemp hearts are these magical little seeds that are filled with plant-based protein, omega 3 and omega 6 and they are ready to eat as is. I use Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts and they are the largest manufacturer to grow, make and sell their own line of hemp foods. They are so easy to sprinkle on salads, cereals, yogurt, smoothies, anything! Plus I am getting more protein compared to when I use flax or chia seeds.
What I love about ManitobaHarvest is that they produce quality hemp products. They take a seed to shelf approach and control everything from what hemp seed gets planted, to how products are mandated, packaged, distributed, etc. They even sell a variety of different hemp-based products that I am so excited to share with you guys in recipes coming up.
Today we are working with the original Hemp Hearts that they sell to make these Fatty Dark Chocolate Avocado Fudge Cookies!
WHAT YOU NEED
Fatty Dark Chocolate Avocado Fudge Cookies (gf + df)
- 1 ripe avocado (do not use a hard one!)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup organic hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the finely mashed avocado, egg, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, hemp hearts, almond flour, and baking soda
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined
- Gently stir in the dark chocolate chunks
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, add one heaping tablespoon of dough on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top has set (don't over-bake!!)
Thank you Manitoba Harvest for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!