When I told Jord I was making Apple Cider Donuts, I am pretty sure he assumed I was deep frying donuts and rolling them into powdered sugar. Sorry Jord, not happening over here today. But in my opinion these Flourless Apple Cider Donuts with Maple Glaze are even better.
Call me crazy but eating a clean donut made with coconut flour and no refined sugar is more up my alley, but maybe that’s just me. I’m assuming that’s you too if you are here reading this blog post though..
When I was younger, my family would go apple picking every single year. The same farm, same place, same amazing apple selection. I am a bit apple obsessed and eat one every single day no matter what. Even when we are traveling, I am always looking for organic apples where I go. Honey crisp, pink lady, anything. The juicer the better and the bigger and rounder ones are my JAM!
For these Flourless Apple Cider Donuts with Maple Glaze I used a homemade applesauce but I cheated and bought apple cider from Whole Foods (oops). I wanted to find a local farm but NYC has limited options here people.
These Flourless Apple Cider Donuts are nut and refined sugar-free, plus they are ready in under 15 minutes. I used SunButter Organic for a creamy and delicious nut butter in these. SunButter is made out of just roasted sunflower seeds. It’s completely soy, peanut, tree nut, egg and everything else FREE! Such a perfect allergy-friendly ingredient to keep in the house. My brother has been using SunButter for forever. I remember my Mom used to make him SunButter & Fluff sandwiches when I would eat PB & Fluff (I’m drooling right now).
I use SunButter in a lot of my recipes because it adds mild flavor but gives that creamy nut butter consistency you need to make with. Especially when baking with coconut flour! You probably remember SunButter from my Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Chocolate Chip Grain-free Granola, Paleo Chocolate Cookies and more.. See? I am obsessed.
I also topped off these donuts with a homemade maple glaze made with 5 easy ingredients. It’s so yummy and just the right sweetness.
If you babes make these donuts, share with me on social! I can’t wait to see.
Flourless Apple Cider Donuts with Maple Glaze (refined sugar-free)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup SunButter (you can sub your preferred nut butter)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 4 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease donut pan well
- Mix together wet ingredients with Kitchen Aid
- Mix in dry ingredients
- Bake in oven for about 8-10 minutes (or until tooth pick turns out clean!)
- Let the donuts cool and while they are cooling begin making maple glaze
- Mix together all the ingredients (you may want to melt coconut butter if it is hard)
- Once donuts are cooled (about 30 minutes)
- Use a knife or spatula and glaze each donut
- Eat within 5 days and store in fridge!
Thank you SunButter for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!