If you follow me on Instagram, chances are you know I love a few things: anything oatmeal related, apples (honey crisps particularly) and of course BREAKFAST! This Fall, I can confidently say I made a solid amount of apple related recipes without over doing it. We have my Apple Blondies, Oatmeal Stuffed Baked Apple, and Apple Pie Chia Seed Pudding.
Now I am sharing my last apple recipe for the season (don’t worry I’ll be back for more next Fall), my Flourless Apple Walnut Pancakes (inspired by my Oatmeal Pancakes).
That’s right, no flour in these pancakes. Just Modern Oats Apple Walnut Oatmeal plus old fashioned oatmeal grind up into oat flour. Modern Oats is made from highly selected, certified gluten-free, whole grain rolled oats. There are non-GMO, high quality and straight up DELICIOUS! Their Apple Walnut Oats are made with freeze-dried apples that are 100% full-ripened without any added colors or preservatives, like hey what’s up helllloo perfection.
In addition to Modern Oats Apple Walnut Oatmeal, these Flourless Apple Walnut Pancakes are made with almond milk, egg, coconut oil, plus baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla extract – that is IT. So easy and ready in less than 10 minutes! Top your stack with maple syrup, nut butter, yogurt, anything you are craving.
- 1 1/2 cups of Apple Walnut Modern Oat flour (processed in NutriBullet or Food Processor)
- 1/2 cup of old fashioned oat flour (processed in NutriBullet or Food Processor)
- 1 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil + some for greasing the pan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Combine oat flour and baking powder
- Add milk, egg, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla to dry mix
- Head your pan to medium and grease with coconut oil
- Place spoonful (about 2 tablespoons) of batter for each pancake onto your pan
- Cook on one side until the top starts to slightly bubble
- Flip over and cook for additional 2-3 minutes or until ready
- Top with apple slices and raw walnuts, anything!
- Drizzle with maple syrup and voila!