Well friends, we are combing two of life’s most greatest foods, donuts AND banana bread today. These Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Donuts gave me a warm tingly feeling after, they are SO dreamy. Especially when you are shoving two in your mouth on the street walking to barre class in the morning.
Or is that just me? Oops.
The best part is that they are ready in less than 15 minutes AND they call for less than 10 ingredients that you probably already have in your home. Especially if you are a usual reader of the blog over here.
You probably recognize Lily’s Sweets from the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Bark a couple of weeks ago. We spoke about the amazing story behind their company, who Lily is and why I love their products. Their baking chips and bars melt SO easily guys. They are the best for that perfect chocolatey drizzle we all swoon over all day.
Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Donuts are not only flourless but also refined sugar and dairy-free. The other day my parents brought over apple cider donuts from a farm by my house and Jord probably made 20 different jokes about how he hasn’t had refined sugar in months (he is lying) and he needed to eat the donuts to remember what it was like. He is nuts!
Anyways, make these donuts. Dip them in nut butter, milk or like I did, shove them down your throat as you rush out of the house in morning.
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (can sub honey or agave if you prefer)
- 2 eggs at room temperature (haven't tested chia or flax egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (you can sub your preferred nut butter)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together wet ingredients together with a Kitchen Aid hand mixer (if you don't have one just mix very well with wooden spoon and whisk)
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well
- Fold in dark chocolate chips
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until cooked, I stick a tooth pick in one to see if it is done, the toothpick should come out clean
- Let cool for a couple of minutes then remove from donut pan
- Enjoy with 5-7 days and store in fridge, you can freeze for longer*
Thank you Lily’s Sweets for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!