So I normally don’t post on Friday’s, but since I am leaving for VACATION tomorrow, I will make an exception.
First of all, I cannot tell you how effing excited I am to go away. This is my first vacation since we went to Napa in September, which is quite a long time for me. It is also my first vacation while having the blog, so I am borderline freaking out to say the least. But at the same time, I cannot wait to disconnect for a few days (well at least try), and get some serious R&R in. We are going to one my favorite places ever, Cabos! I will of course we documenting it all via Instagram so don’t forget to follow along to see endless amounts of chips and guac, tequila and the sun poisoning I will most likely get just from breathing in the heat.
Now, this Flourless Cinnamon STUFFED Pancakes are what’s up this Friday morning. They have a ton of plant-based protein and are completely flourless thanks to my love, oat flour.
Not to mention the inside of each pancake has this creamy cinnamon center giving you a nice surprise midway of eating them. The cinnamon center is the protein part thanks to About Time. You may recognize them from a handful of recipes on the blog. I use their vanilla plant based protein and mix it with a little extra pancake batter, some coconut oil, maple syrup and LOTS of cinnamon. I am cinnamon obsessed. Jord used to tell me you can become cinnamon addicted, but who would complain about that, right?
The pancakes are made with oat flour, oatmeal, almond milk, egg, coconut oil, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla. Seriously, it is SO easy to make. Also don’t be upset if you don’t own oat flour. All you have to do is blend oatmeal in a NutriBullet or food processor and voilà, you have yourself some oat flour!
[bctt tweet=”Flourless Cinnamon Pancakes STUFFED with cinnamon goodness and packed with protein”]
Flourless Cinnamon Stuffed Pancakes
- 1.5 cups oat flour (place oatmeal in food processor or nutribullet and blend)
- 1/2 cup rolled oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Splash vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of the pancake batter mixed from above
- 1 serving of vegan vanilla protein powder (I used AboutTime)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Lots of cinnamon!
- First, in a medium bowl, mix together pancake ingredients and let sit for a few minutes to thicken
- Next, in a small bowl, mix together cinnamon center ingredients
- Grease a medium skillet with coconut oil or butter
- Heat to medium-high and make sure the skillet or pan is well greased
- Place 2 tablespoons of batter onto the skillet per pancake
- On the uncooked side, add ½ tablespoon of the cinnamon center then cover with a little more pancake batter (it will burn once you flip over if you don't add additional batter)
- After cooking 2-3 minutes, flip pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting the blog and making rachLmansfield.com possible! xx