So last week Jord signed up for the CFA exam. This is a big deal people. A couple years ago he kicked ass and took the CPA exam for accounting. Now he is taking to the next level and getting his CFA.
Now I don’t know much about this process (yet) but I do know it takes 3 years at a minimum and the average person finishes their CFA in 4. Needless to say it is going to be a very crazy next few years over here. Back to studying and books for him. Poor thing, I would be screwed if I had to read a book (unless it was a cookbook). But the kid is so smart, he thrives off reading. Meanwhile I am over here on the couch with my laptop, pine needle candle burning from Anthro and listening to Christmas Peaceful Piano music.
It seriously is starting to feel like the holiday season. I don’t usually think that but living downtown this year, there are so many more decorated buildings and homes. My community is even decorated with a tree and lights. It is crazy! I have been sharing how gorgeous Brookfield Place is on my Instagram stories too. They did an amazing job!
Now I don’t technically observe Christmas (I sound so proper) since I am Jewish but I love making the Christmas-y foods and the smell of pine needles and listening to the tunes. I have a huge seven fishes dinner on Christmas Eve at my grandparents but Christmas Day we do Chinese food (or sushi for me) and a movie and I love it.
These Flourless Gingerbread Oatmeal Pancakes are the ultimate holiday breakfast for you babes! They are vegan and gluten-free and SO easy to make. I used Modern Oat’s delicious oatmeal to make an oat flour for these pancakes.
Jord and I love Modern Oats oatmeal. We keep the containers of oats on hand always because they are perfect for a quick and easy breakfast. Or you can use their oatmeals for recipes like we have on the blog (here, here and here).
Modern Oats make certified gluten-free whole grain rolled oats. They make so many flavors like coconut almond, apple walnut, vermont maple, and more. All flipping amazing!
Let me know if you make these pancakes and if you love them, I hope you do 🙂
- 2 cups oat flour made from Modern Oats Oatmeal (I have not tested this with other flour)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 3/4-1 cup unsweetened almond milk (another milk works too)
- 1 chia or flax egg (you can use regular egg too)
- 1.5 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- In a medium mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix well
- Let the batter sit for a minute to thicken
- Grease a skillet with coconut oil or butter on medium heat
- Add about 2 generous spoonfuls of batter per pancake (I fit about 3 on the skillet)
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the pancakes bubble a little
- Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes
- Enjoy when warm with syrup, yogurt and your favorite toppings!
- *Will stay good for about 4-5 days in airtight container in fridge
Thank you Modern Oats for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!