FLUFFY PANCAKES. Where have you been all my life?
I kid, I am a sucker for fluffy pancakes and they are a part of my eats a few times a week. But this is the very first VEGAN fluffy pancake recipe on the blog and I am so excited about it. These fluffy pancakes are plant-based, gluten-free and packed with extra protein to make them extra satisfying and filling.
When Jord and I were in Carmel the other week, we got the hotel’s buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. I am never going to say that my pancakes are better than traditional buttermilk pancakes (I’d be lying to you), but I can say that my pancakes won’t have you in a carb coma 20 minutes later.
Pancakes aren’t just a weekend food in our home. I eat them during the week for breakfast (or let’s be real, lunch or dinner) and Jord will take some to work too. Work breakfasts can be more exciting than just a granola bar (here are some of our other favorite portable breakfasts!).
What I love most about the pancakes is how few ingredients you actually need to make them.
There are times that I really want to add protein to my recipes but have found it can be over powering in flavor. Now don’t get me wrong, I do love the flavored proteins we can add but there are times I just want to add plant-based protein without any extra flavor to the recipe. Garden of Life’s Organic Plant Protein is grain-free AND it comes in an unflavored flavor (that sounds funny, ha!).
I was a little hesitant on using it at first and didn’t really think it would be possible to have a protein powder that didn’t overpower the flavor of the recipe, but Garden of Life’s unflavored variety is amazing. I have been baking with it too and you forget there is even protein i there! Plus their plant protein is easy to digest and is free of gluten and grains. There is no chalky texture and it has a pea, flaxseed and chia seed based with over 1 Billion CFU of probiotics (um hi, amazing).
They do have a handful of flavors like vanilla, coffee and chocolate in addition to the unflavored one. Any of these protein flavors will work in these fluffy cake-y pancakes. Garden of Life also makes a variety of other proteins and supplements. You guys know my obsession for their brand, and I cannot recommend their products enough!
These pancakes freeze very well so feel free to whip up a batch and safe some for later! Don’t forget to drizzle your favorite nut butter on top. My two favorites are (here and here – code RACHL for free shipping on $20 or more on GG!).
Craving more pancakes? I gotcha covered!
- 1 cup oat flour (spelt flour or gluten free works too!)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk!)
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons Garden of Life Organic Plant Protein (unflavored)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat a large skillet with coconut oil or butter and stay on medium/low heat
- In a large bowl add all the pancake ingredients together and mix well so there are no clumps
- Let the batter sit for a couple minutes to thicken then begin adding about 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake to the skillet (my skillet fits about 3 pancakes at a time)
- Cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until ready to flip
- Repeat until all batter is gone and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
- I used nut butter, granola and some coconut yogurt.
- *Will stay good in the fridge for a week or you can freeze these for longer!
Thank you Garden of Life for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!