When Jord was doing Whole30 last month, things in the kitchen most definitely got a bit challenging. We had to meal prep a TON and also make a lot of new recipes we haven’t tried before (more on that here).
Veggie noodles were the saving grace of Whole30 for him. He loves loves loves his pasta and we made a lot of different spiralized ones from zucchini, turnips and sweet potatoes. Swoodles maybe? Is that a thing? Sweet potato noodles, duh.
You also typically eat a ton of meat on Whole30 but that adds up real quickly at the grocery store, and not to mention J was a little over meat every single day. But without adding beans or legumes, it is pretty tough trying to get a hardy enough dish without the meat or even eggs.
These Garlic Cream Sauce Sweet Potato Noodles though.. they are Whole30 and even vegan. That’s a pretty rare combo if you ask me. The garlic cream sauces pairs so amazing with these sweet potato noodles and we added Organic Girl Super Spinach for extra greens. It almost reminded me of a creamy garlic alfredo type sauce but 100x times cleaner and more nutritious.
The super spinach from Organic Girl has baby spinach, bok chop, and baby kale. This combo is an amazing source of vitamin C and B9 and spices things up a bit from just your ordinary greens. I also just love that Organic Girl triple washes all of their greens so it saves me time when cooking with them. Not to mention washing your lettuce is a pain in the tush! It gets so much soggier and then adds too much liquid to your food.
When you at this garlic cream sauce to the cooked sweet potato noodles and greens, it melts so deliciously and you have yourself a creamy pasta that is Whole30 compliant and plant-based. Now that is a way to please all the dinner guests at your house 😉
WHAT YOU NEED
Almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- Cashews work best for the base of this sauce. You have an allergy to cashews, next best sub would be walnuts.
- Feel free to use an veggie noodle you prefer but the sweet potatoes add a bit more substance to make this a heartier dish
- If you don’t have a spiralizer, this is the one I use: link here
- If nutritional yeast isn’t your thing, you can absolutely omit!
Garlic Cream Sauce Sweet Potato Noodles (whole30)
Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup room temp (or cool) water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 package of Organic Girl Super Spinach
- Place the cashews in a medium sized bowl and fill with boiling hot water to cover completely
- Let the cashews soak for 10 minutes to soften
- In a food processor, add the soaked cashews (strained), room temperature water, almond milk, garlic and nutritional yeast and pulse until creamy and well combined
- Begin spiralizing sweet potatoes by cutting off the ends, peeling the potato then use your spiralizer (or your preferred kitchen tool) to spiralize into noodles
- In a large pan add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and turn on medium-high heat
- Add the sweet potatoes and begin cooking
- We like them soft so I let them cook for about 7 minutes then added the spinach mixture
- Once spinach and sweet potato noodles are cooked fully, remove from heat and mix in desired amount of creamy garlic sauce
- Enjoy immediately
- *This space will stay good for 5-7 days in fridge or you can freeze for longer. Noodles also will stay good in fridge for 5-7 days!
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!