I am SO flipping excited to share these babes with you, HOLY HATS! Remember those Peanut Butter Blossom cookies that are basically an orgasm in your mouth? Soft creamy peanut butter, cookies and a bite of chocolate all in one? Yes those cookies are now “healthified” and ORGANIC to boot.
First off I have to thank ginnybakes because without your amazing baking mixes, I wouldn’t have ever thought these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms were possible. When I first set out to make a gluten & dairy free holiday cookie with ginnybakes, I was going to do butter crisps that we can decorate. And then I remembered my BFF peanut butter and my other BFF dark chocolate peanut butter cups.
When I think of Peanut Butter Blossoms, I always think of my best friend from childhood. Her family made Christmas cookies every single year. And it wasn’t just 1 type of cookie, but several different types of cookies that they would crank out one afternoon. It was basically a cookie making extravaganza. I used to tag along for the Christmas cookie making and the Peanut Butter Blossoms with the Hershey Kisses were always my favorite. As I’ve mentioned before, my brother is highly allergic to nuts so there was always minimal baking with nuts in my house (I know, how did I ever survive?!).
Any who, now we have a new version of the cookie in town, Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cup Blossoms. And instead of Hershey Kisses we have PEANUT BUTTER CUPS! Oh heck yes, it is happening!
If I had to describe myself as a cookie, it would be Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cup Blossoms. And no, that’s not because they are gluten free since we all know I love myself some gluten, BUT they are organic, made with simple ingredients thanks to ginnybakes, filled with even more peanut butter and some dark chocolate.
Here is what you need for this recipe:
butter (I also used grass-fed organic butter)
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cup Blossoms
- 1 package of ginnybakes naked love butter crisp mix
- 1 organic egg (at room temperature)
- 1 stick of grass fed butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Mini dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place oven rack on middle rack
- Cream the butter in your mixing bowl until smooth
- Add in the flour and mix again until well combined
- Beat in egg, peanut butter and vanilla extract until dough is well combined
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scooper, place balls of cookie dough onto lined cookie tray, placing 2 inches apart from another as they expand
- Place in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes (they may look raw but that's OK)
- Let cookies cool for only 1-2 minutes then place unwrapped mini peanut butter cups on top of each cookie and gently press down
By the way, if you use the code bake7 on ginnybakes website, you get $5 off your order of $25 or more (not a affiliate code, just wanted to share the love!)