Posted by http://rachlmansfield.com/golden-chocolate-chip-cinnamon-rolls-vegan/
© 2018 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Paleo Golden Milk Cinnamon Rolls with Chocolate Filling
Golden Milk Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 cup unbalanced almond flour (I haven't tested other flours)
- 1 1/4 cups tapioca flour (I haven't tested other flours)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour (I haven't tested other flours)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Garden of Life Organic Golden Milk Powder
- 1/3 cup warm water (not boiling or hot!)
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil or melted butter
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the almond, 1 cup tapioca flour, 1/4 cup coconut flour, golden milk powder, and baking powder
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter or coconut oil, water, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and vanilla and mix well
- Pour liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined
- Add the egg and mix again then the 1/4 cup tapioca and 2 tablespoon coconut flour and mix until well combined
- Add dough to fridge for 30 minutes to firm up a bit
- Sprinkle a spoonful of tapioca flour over a cutting board and add the dough on top
- Add more tapioca flour to your hands on top of the dough and press down into a large rectangle about 1 inch thick (do not roll!)
- Mix together the butter, chocolate and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the dough then begin rolling up on the length side (it is fragile so if it breaks, don't fret just piece together dough from other parts)
- Add the log shape to the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and slice the cinnamon rolls 1 inch thick then place on dish and bake for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
Store on counter for 5 days in airtight container or freeze for a couple months!
Loading nutrition data...