This is my very first grain-free crisp ever. Can you believe it?
I am all about fruit crisps. Whether it is apple or berry or peach, I don’t care. The baked crispness (is that even a word?) of it combined with the baked fruit, oh my gosh. SO good.
Plus it isn’t a crisp without a scoop of a little cold something in it to melt as you are diving in.
This Grain-free Berry Crisp can be your new favorite dessert, snack or even breakfast in my opinion. It is perfect to make and serve at your next BBQ or when you need to bring a dessert over to a party because it is super light and filled with less than 10 ingredients. Plus it is completely grain-free and vegan friendly. No oats, nada.
Instead, I used a mix of almond flour, pecans and walnuts to give it that crunch. Combined with coconut oil and raw honey it gets that perfect crisp in the oven. I also used coconut sugar instead of brown or white sugar and honestly, you don’t even know the difference.
The best part about the crisp you may ask? And now even if you don’t care, I am telling you 😉 The Raspberry Sorbetto from my favorite Ciao Bella with it. There is seriously nothing better than adding a scoop of Ciao Bella into this crisp and letting it get all melted and ooze into the bowl. I used the raspberry one here but you can of course use anyone you’d like. The cacao one would be like a dark chocolate berry dream too. I am 100% doing that next time now that I’m thinking about it.
In case you’re not familiar with Ciao Bella, it is my go-to for gelato and sorbetto. As they say it is “spoonfuls of life’s most beautiful moments”. It is there for you in the freezer after a pain in the tush day and with summer around the corner, you will want this in your freezer at all times.
I find it at my local Whole Foods and seriously cannot get enough. And no I’m not just saying that because they are one of my brand partners at rachLmansfield, but because I authentically love their products. Plus how can you not when you can make Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards?
[bctt tweet=”Berry Crisp made grain-free and served with Raspberry Sorbetto” username=”rachLmansfield”]
- 1.5 cups raspberries
- 1.5 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 container of Ciao Bella Raspberry Sorbetto
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease 8x8 baking dish well
- Toss together berries and 3 tablespoons coconut sugar in the dish and spread evenly
- Mix together the almond meal, walnuts, pecans, raw honey, coconut oil and coconut sugar in a medium mixing bowl
- Pour on top of the berry mixture and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes, the berries should bubble a little
- Finally, enjoy warm with raspberry sorbetto
- Leave in fridge for up to 5-7 days
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting the blog and making rachLmansfield.com possible! xx