About 3 years ago, Jord and I were at a restaurant in Brooklyn and I still rave about my meal there. I hate myself because I don’t remember what the restaurant was called but literally it was one of the best dinners ever.
It was an all vegetarian restaurant and Jord being the trooper he is, obviously acted like he wanted to go. Little did we know how freaking amazeballs it would be.
I ordered this grilled romaine salad with lentils and fried pickles on the side. The fried pickles had this chipotle sauce I still dream about but that will have to be for another recipe.
The grilled romaine on the other hand, oh my gosh! It was UNREAL. It was my first time having any sort of “grilled” salad before.
I am surprised it took me this long to recreate it but I am so happy I did.
When I saw my local grocery store had my organicgirl hearts of romaine, I was basically jumping for joy. It was just what I need in order to make this salad. organicgirl is my go-to for greens always. My Mom has been buying them for me for years and now it is all I use. They literally have every green I could possibly want and the possibilities are endless with their products. Not to mention they also have juices and dressings that are delish too.
Now the grilled avocado was a first time thing for me. I have never ate or made it before. At first I was little hesitant about it, but it is SO good. It gets a little crispy on the edges and just falls into place with the salad so well. I also made a dijon dressing you will see in the recipe below. It is my personal favorite dressing to make to store in the fridge. I use this dijon mustard in it too.
This Grilled Romaine and Avocado Salad is the perfect side dish to your dinner or a light lunch too. You can add grilled fish to it, chicken, beans anything!
[bctt tweet=”Grilled Romaine & Avocado Salad, your new favorite way to eat your greens” username=”rachLmansfield”]
Grilled Romaine and Avocado Salad
- 2 hearts of organicgirl romaine lettuce, each sliced down the middle
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced in half
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- First, heat your grill pan or skillet to medium high heat
- Brush the romaine hearts and avocado with avocado oil to grease
- Cook on the grill pan for 6-7 minutes, flipping half way through
- Add ingredients to blender or food processor and blend completely so combined
- Finally, split the lettuce and avocado between two people
- The dressing will stay good for about a week or two, you most likely won't use it all for this dish
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting the blog and making rachLmansfield.com possible! xx