When I first found out that The New Barn came out with Almond Crème, I immediately freaked out.
Many of my blogger friends were at Expo West over in Anaheim where so many amazing brands all come together and showcase their latest product innovations.
Everyone was freaking out over ice cream made with ALMOND MILK! That is a dream come true. I have been making homemade banana ice cream for years and cleaning my food processor gets old after awhile.
The New Barn team is basically a genius for creating a line of 8 Almond Crème flavors for us to enjoy. The flavors are amazing. They have everything from Chocolate to Ginger Snap to Cereal to Vanilla and more. I have tried the Ginger Snap, Chocolate and Banana Chocolate Chip so far (aka the only ones my Whole Foods currently has).
They should be nationwide in your local Whole Foods so definitely check it out and if it’s not there, complain to the manager like I do about everything I can’t find. I learned that trick when I was working for a beverage company. The more customers complain, the more stores are likely to carry the products customers ask for!
I had to really think about how to top off an already amazing product. Almond Crème is delicious as is, but I do love taking everything one step further. That is where this Half Baked Vegan Ice Cream Sundae comes into play. Because what’s not to love about cookies and ice cream.
What is better than half baked cookies? Well, half baked cookies on TOP of your favorite ice cream.
You can use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe or you can cheat like I did and use your favorite store bought brand. This one is vegan and comes with a gluten free option too so I highly recommend it!
- 1 package of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough OR your favorite recipe (I used Eat Pastry)
- 1 pint of New Barn Almondcreme (I used Banana Chocolate Chip)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray well
- Now this may get messy but taking the chocolate chip cookie dough and spread it evenly making a rectangular shape on the tray, almost like a big rectangle cookie
- It should be less than ½ inch thick
- Place tray in the oven and bake for about 6-8 minutes (you want to under cook it if it's vegan dough to get that half baked texture)
- The ends should be a little golden but not looking well done
- Take tray out of the oven and immediate break it up using a spatula or knife to make bite size pieces and little chunks
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and sprinkle on top of ice cream
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting the blog and making rachLmansfield.com possible! xx