Healthy Homemade Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls made with gluten-free and refined sugar-free ingredients and filled with a dreamy blueberry filling!
Sure it is now September and we have a ton of apple and pumpkin content coming over the next few weeks, but I needed to share one more blueberry recipe before moving into all the Fall eats.
These Healthy Homemade Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls are insane. I made them one afternoon when I had an hour to spare and was randomly craving a blueberry pastry of sorts. Naturally I turn to cinnamon rolls because they are one of my favorite things to bake and eat and saw a bag of frozen organic blueberries in the freezer, and decided to whip up a little somethin’ somethin’.
I like to think there is a new cinnamon roll recipe coming every single month. That will be my goal for us and so far, we’ve been making it happen. We shared those vegan cinnamon rolls, then the giant gluten-free cinnamon roll SKILLET and today these bloob cinnamon rolls.
They’re made with super simple ingredients, no packets of yeast needed (just ACV) and no refined sugar or gluten in this recipe!
We do use dairy in these rolls because the Vital Farm’s Grass-fed Butter is too good not to use. I have been baking with it now for the past few months and I don’t know why I didn’t use butter for so long. It adds the best flavor to the rolls and makes them taste absolutely amazing. I only use Vital Farm’s butter because it’s grass-fed, I trust the farms they get their butter from and it’s affordable to buy for quality butter.
If you whip up these Healthy Homemade Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls don’t forget to share with me on Instagram! I cannot wait to see them and hear what you think.
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, oat, anything!)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons Vital Farms Grass-fed Butter, melted and cooled
- 2 and 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour (can sub almond, spelt, our gluten-free AP)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Vital Farms Grass-fed Butter, softened for greasing top of rolls once adding filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Mix together the blueberries, maple syrup, cinnamon and coconut flour in a bowl and set aside
- Whisk together the nut milk and apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes
- Add in the vanilla extract then melted butter and mix again
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and coconut sugar
- Then pour the wet mixture into the dry and gently mix with a spatula
- Form the dough into a round sphere and add to a floured-surface to roll it out (you can use a water bottle like I did!)
- Once the dough is in a large rectangle , about 1 inch thick, gently spread the softened butter over the dough
- Sprinkle the blueberry mixture on top of the dough and evenly distribute
- Roll the dough from the bottom, up and make sure you seal it well so it all stays together
- Gently slice into 8-10 rolls, then add to oven and bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown
Store these in an airtight container on counter for 3 days or in the fridge for up to a week. Freeze for up to 2 months!
Thank you Vital Farms for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in here on the blog!