These sushi stacks are fancy AF. Don’t judge me for saying “af”. Typically cringe when people say it and I personally never say it, but it really felt natural there for some odd reason. Probably the Homemade Tuna Sushi Stacks with Mango Salsa talkin’.
Jord is a huge tuna sandwich guy. He probably would eat it for lunch every single day if he could. Tuna on a bagel and tuna melts are his favorite, but I always tell him no more than once every couple of weeks because of mercury levels. Yes, I am that paranoid wife who monitors what he eats for lunch. Some call it nagging, I just call it love 🙂
Then I found Safe Catch Tuna. Safe Catch has the lowest mercury level compared to ANY albacore tuna out there. It is super pure, has NO additives or fillers and is sustainably caught. It is seriously so fresh you guys and does not compare to other canned tunas we eat. Even the color of the tuna in Safe Catch cans just tells you how amazing it is.
Safe Catch Wild Albacore comes in salted, no salt added or in the most adorable 3 ounce pouches. The pouches are perfect for on the go or traveling too.
We have been mashing their Wild Albacore Tuna together with avocado mayo and dijon mustard on sandwiches or in salads. But I wanted to create something a little unique with Safe Catch. AKA where these Homemade Tuna Sushi Stacks with Mango Salsa. Some of my favorite ways to eat tuna is a ceviche, poké, tartare or in sushi of course.
These sushi stacks combine a fancy tartare and sushi roll into one deliciously easy meal. The bottom layer is white rice, the middle layer is tuna salad with avocado and the stacks are topped off with a sweet homemade mango salsa.
Believe it or not these sushi stacks are super easy to make, but you will think you are at a 5 star restaurant as you eat them. When Jord came home and saw them, he was shocked they were homemade. They are that fancy. It must’ve been that spicy mayo drizzle on top of the stacks 😉
Feel free to make a few batches of this recipe for your next dinner party to wow your guests or just to enjoy for lunch during the week. And let me know what you all think of Safe Catch. I think you will love it as much as we do!
- 3/4 cup sushi rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1 avocado
- 1 can of tuna (I used Safe Catch)
- 2 tablespoons avocado mayo
- 3/4 cup mango, cubed
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- After cooking the rice, stir in apple cider vinegar and set aside
- Drain the canned tuna and place in a small bowl and mix in avocado mayo
- Mash the avocado making a "guac-like" consistency in a small bowl
- Mix together the mango, red onion and avocado oil in a bowl and set aside
- To assemble the stacks, lightly spray 1 cup measuring cup and add a third of the mango salsa inside
- Layer on the mashed avocado, followed by the tuna then rice into the cup after
- Press the rice down making sure the rice is packed down
- Place the 1 cup measuring cup upside down and gently tap the cup to get the stack to gently fall out
- Repeat 2 other times for all 3 stacks
- Drizzle with extra spicy mayo (I used Sir Kensington's) and enjoy immediately!
Thank you Safe Catch for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!