Honey Maca Cookies made by Insta wife, @shutthekaleup
Today’s post is by far one of my favorites, Jeannette from Shut the Kale Up, is here to share her newest Honey Maca Cookie recipe. Jeanette & I quickly became quite close last year over our mutual love for all things organic, filled with nut butter, topped with avocado and both having such a passion for health & wellness. Jeannette is such a talented insta-goddess, new mama and such a dear friend to me. I’ll let J take it from here but don’t forget to check out her amazeballs Instagram after you’re done reading! xx
hi, my name is Jeannette Ogden and I run @shutthekaleup! I like all things gluten but the organic, non gmo kind. I love to eat. I love to yoga. Nice to “meet” you!
Rachel is one of my first insta friends that truly inspired and sparked a little more fun into my baking. I love the simplicity of her recipes and the fact that they’re made with good ingredients, are a bonus! Together we’re a flipping power couple! Sort of like Beyoncé and Jay Z! We make shit happen!
Today on her blog I am sharing something delicious & filled with MACA! Some of you may know my love for maca.. so these had to be done..
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup whole flaxseeds
- 1 + 1/2 tbs maca blend (I used Essentially Living)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 egg
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or non stick spray
- Add dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix
- Add wet ingredients into the same bowl
- Stir until you have dough consistency
- Form into cookies on baking tray
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden.. and try not to eat the whole batch all at once!
xx, Jeanette & Rach