Sharing My Favorite Recipes Using Coconut Flour with you right here, right now!
Coconut flour is one of those ingredients that you are either hesitant on buying because you don’t know what to do with it, but you know it is better for you. Or you have it sitting in the pantry or fridge and are intimidated to make anything with it.
Well that is going to end today friends! I am filling you in on all the details of coconut flour, why I use it and where I buy it. I also am sharing my favorite recipes from the blog that use coconut flour in them, so you can get over the hump and make some coconut flour magic!
Okay so first things first, the details on COCONUT FLOUR!
- Coconut flour is a grain-free, nut-free, paleo flour that can be used to sweet and savory recipes
- Coconut flour should be kept in the fridge once it is opened to help it stay fresh longer and prevent it from spoiling
- Buying using coconut flour, you are adding more fiber, protein and vitamins to your food. There are over 7 grams of protein in 1/4 cup,, making it beneficial for blood sugar levels
- Coconut flour is not a 1:1 sub for regular flour. It is much thicker. You will need about 1/2 or less of the amount of coconut flour as you would oat flour or regular flour. Little goes a long way 😉
- Coconut flour absorbs liquid much more than your usually flour, so double the liquid as well. And that also means you should be doubling the amount of eggs you use!
- I have found that baking with only coconut flour for vegan recipes can be a challenge. It works best when you combine it with another flour like almond for egg-free recipes.
Here are a few of my favorite recipes on the blog that use coconut flour. Don’t forget to tag me and #rachLeats if you make them!