I go through phases where I literally want the same thing every single morning when I wake up and can easily go about 6 months more until I get tired of it. I am such a creature of habit, it is insane. Jord on the other hand, cannot eat the same thing more than two days in a row without tiring of it.
Currently this smoothie, is my obsession and my latest habit. It is my go-to morning smoothie, and it is SO GOOD. It is made with all ingredients I typically keep on hand in my fridge or freezer. And can be easily altered based off what you have already or what you are craving. But I must say, this combo is seriously on point. I still love my Avocado Orgasm and Zucchini Bread Smoothie but this one is my current fav.
What I really love about this shake is how rich and creamy it is, and how easy it is to make. I use New Barn Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk (duh, when do I not use their almond milk) and just add a few simple ingredients to the blender, top it off with some granola and breakfast is served.
New Barn is my go-to almond milk for many reasons but what I really really love about it is that it’s actually organic, which many nut milks are not. Almonds are one of the most heavily sprayed nuts with pesticides so it is important to me to enjoy almond milk that is organic and made with little ingredients/additives.
That is where New Barn comes in! The perfect base/liquid to add to any shake or smoothie. So flavorful and pure and a staple in my fridge!
WHAT YOU NEED
Cauliflower (see this blog post for how I prep it)
Protein powder (I love this one – code RACHL for 20% off!)
- 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower (I keep mine in fridge but you can use from freezer if you prefer!)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon nut buter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (see above for my go-to)
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (omit if vegetarian and add more protein powder)
- 1/4-1/3 cup New Barn Organic Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (varies on how thick you want it!)
- Combined all ingredients in blender and blend until creamy and no chunks remain
- Pour into glass of choice and top with granola, coconut flakes or enjoy as is! I love adding some granola and nuts for an extra crunch 🙂
- *You can make this the night before and store in fridge too!
Thank you New Barn for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!