When people ask me if I eat my desserts, I literally laugh. Like who would make desserts (especially simple and healthy ones) and not eat them? I have milk and cookies nearly every night after dinner and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. I love my desserts, I live for them. That is why I even started making some! Going to organic bakeries weekly gets expensive way too quickly.
I have however become much more aware of my sugar intake as I have really been trying to stabilize my blood sugar levels the past few weeks. I do think maple syrup, honey and coconut sugar are all OK to have but when I realized how much I was having everyday, it was overload.
Coconut sugar and honey in my granola, honey in my snack bars, coconut sugar in my chocolate then some in cookies. Just a little much ya know?
These No-Bake Cacao Chip Peanut Butter Fudge Cookie Balls are not only a mouth load to say but they are DREAMY. Think edible peanut butter cookie dough but no beans and no sugar. I didn’t add any maple syrup or anything! I used all natural peanut butter made from straight up peanuts and cacao nibs for the chocolate (but next time I am adding a crushed dark chocolate bar).
They are SO good you guys are going to love!
WHAT YOU NEED
Oats (quick or rolled)
Unsweetened coconut flakes
Chocolate bar or cacao nibs
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup oats (quick or rolled)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dark chocolate bar broken into pieces (or 1/3 cup cacao nibs)
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender
- Pulse/blend until creamy and well combined
- Add in chocolate chips or bar and pulse to break up the chocolate
- Using a spoon or cookie dough scooper, form dough into balls and line across a lined baking tray or in a tupperware
- Pop in freezer for 30 minutes to set and enjoy!
- *You can store in fridge or freezer. Thaw out for a few minutes before eating if in freezer.