Vegan and Gluten-free No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes
I know we aren’t supposed to pick favorites, but like. These No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake have officially stolen my heart, sole and a large place in my gut because I went a little crazy on the taste testing (oops).
If there is one combination I could live off of for forever it would be peanut butter and dark chocolate.
Literally since I was younger, that that is all I wanted. My Mom used to take me to gymnastics when I was in kindergarten and I cannot tell you one thing we did in the class, but I can tell you I would get Reese’s Pieces every Thursday on the way home. It was the highlight of my day and the only way to even get me to go to gymnastics.
Nothing has changed since I really started to workout more when I began blogging and baking a lot. I needed to move around a bit more in order to even eat all of the things I wanted to make. Yes, they are all “clean” and made with good ingredients but testing between 10-16 recipes a month definitely adds up quickly. Not to mention these aren’t exactly meals so it’s a lot of “extra eating” or in some cases, having No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes for lunch when you can’t stop eating them.When I shared my first ever cheesecake recipe on here, I was shocked by how many of you loved it. The blueberry cheesecakes and pumpkin cheesecake bars were such a hit. They are all plant-based too and so easy to make (no oven necessary!).
These No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes are also vegan and grain-free. The crust is made with an almond flour base. I really think I go through a bag of Bob’s Red Mills Almond Flour a week. I use it for everything. Lately I have been using it as breading for Jord when making “chicken tenders” and he is obsessed. There are so many uses for it, it is a must have in your pantry.
So let’s get to these cheesecakes ..
WHAT YOU NEED
dark chocolate chips
- I do not recommend subbing another flour for this, the flavor of almond flour really compliments this recipe well
- These freeze very well, so you can make in advance then just defrost in the fridge for a few hours before eating
- Cashews add the best texture and flavor as well for the cheesecake filling. The color is also the most cheesecake-like 😉
No-bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes (vegan)
- 1.5 cups soaked cashews (I soak in warm water overnight but at least 3 hours works)
- 2 tb maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- vanilla extract
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- First strain the cashews
- Line a cupcake/muffin tray with liners
- First begin making the crust, in a food processor, pulse all crust ingredients together until a "dough" is formed, the ingredients should be well blended together
- Using a spoon, scoop about 2 tablespoons into each muffin tin and press down with your hand to form
- Wipe out the food processor to get rid of extra crumbs (no need to fully clean) and place the "cheesecake filling" ingredients in there
- Pulse together until it is a doughy, creamy consistency
- Add to each muffin tin and fill about ¾ way
- Add dark chocolate chips and peanuts on top of each "cheesecake"
- Cover with tin foil
- Pop in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours or until firm
Thank you Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!