Yup it actually doesn’t get any easier than this. 3 ingredients AND no oven necessary.
I’m not sure why it took me so long to combine 3 amazing ingredients and make an unbeatable crunchy yet creamy snack for us. These No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars remind me of a rice krispie treat (ugh my favorite ever!) and a peanut butter cookie all in one.
They are rich, nutritious, EASY, gluten free & vegan friendly and require little to no cooking experience or knowledge since there is NO cooking involved. Hip hip hooray!
When I ate one of these No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars it took me back to my childhood for some reason. I think these are a kid-friendly snack (a new term on this blog) and can be enjoyed by pretty much anyone who loves peanut butter.
I used chunky peanut butter, old fashioned oatmeal and raw honey. You can use maple syrup or agave as well if honey isn’t your thing. You can even sub a different nut butter as well but I think peanut butter works best for this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup of chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 2-3 cups of old fashioned oats
- Combine 1 cup of peanut butter and ½ cup of honey or maple syrup in a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave in 30 second increments until the mixture is hot
- Stir so it is smooth and more like a "sauce"
- Add oats to the bowl and mix well
- Spray/grease an 8x9 dish and pour your mixture into the dish
- Melt the additional ½ cup of peanut butter in the microwave and pour over the top of the mixture in the dish
- Pop in the freezer for 1 hour, will stay good for 5-7 days if left in fridge