Babes, I am pretty sure this blondies are one of my favorite recipes EVER on the blog. These nutty blondies are grain and dairy-free, and they are super fudgey and flavorful. I felt like I was eating something so indulgent when I took a bite, yet they are not indulgent at all.
They are made with 8 simple ingredients, one of which is SUPER random. You obviously know what is based off the recipe title, but I used hummus! And not just any hummus but Cedar’s HOMMUS. Yes, hOmmus is how Cedar’s rolls. I consider myself a connoisseur when it comes to this absolute chickpea goodness and Cedar’s Hommus hits the nail on the head.
Cedar’s was founded in the Mediterranean where hummus is actually spelled like hommus. They use simple and quality ingredients to make their products. The best chickpeas, tahini, etc are in their goods. Cedar’s is non-GMO and uses no preservatives in their hommus. I eat it by the spoonful to the point where Jord looks at me like I am a crazy person (but what else is new).
For these blondies, I used Cedar’s Organic Original Hommus. And I 100% promise you that you will NOT taste or even know that there is hommus in these blondies when you eat them. I tested it on J when he came home. I had him eat some and all I told him was that they were blondes. Nothing about the fact that there is hommus inside these fudgey blondies and he was shocked!
I wanted to make a dessert with extra protein in it without using protein powder and hommus does just the trick. I find Cedar’s in my local Whole Foods but head over to their site to learn more about them and where you can buy it. Not to mention they also have some drool-worthy recipes on their website too like Mediterranean Tacos and Seven Layer Dip.
Cedar’s also makes a variety of dreamy spreads, dips, salsa and more. I salivate over the website BIG TIME!
Keep me posted if you make these hommus blondies, you are going to love them!
Nutty Chocolate Chip Hummus Blondies (grain-free)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 egg (have not tested flax)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (I recommend peanut over any other for this)
- 1/4 cup Cedar's Organic Original Hommus
- Splash vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour (haven't tested other flours)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mixed nuts (I used unsalted pecans and almonds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 8x8 baking dish well
- Mix together wet ingredients with mixer
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well
- Fold in dark chocolate chips and nuts
- Pour into baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes (or until edges are golden brown)
- Enjoy within 5 days and store in airtight container (or freezer for 2 months)
Thank you Cedars Hommus for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!