At first I wanted to name this recipe chocolate crack. I still refer to it as that when talking about it, but I would like to formally introduce you to Nutty Chocolate Crack(er) Brittle! AKA the brittle you will be eating and craving all holiday season.
This brittle is sweet, salty and SO easy to make. If you love chocolate covered pretzels (hello who doesn’t) and dark chocolate peanut butter cups, this recipe is made for you.
It is the ultimate brittle for the holiday season (or any season if you as me) that is actually made with good ingredients so you can munch on this brittle completely guilt-free and gluten-free thanks to Glutino.
Glutino crackers have been a pantry staple over here. I eat them with peanut butter and jelly on top as sweet snack or with hummus for a little savory something. I love the multigrain ones. They taste just like ritz that I used to eat as a kid (we all did, come on). Except Glutino is 100% gluten-free. They are basically pros in the gluten-free space and have been around for over 30 years! Way before gluten-free was a “trend” and before the allergy was as common as it is today.
Most importantly, Glutino’s Multigrain Crackers are the base of this chocolate crack brittle. Did you ever think you could make a dessert with crackers as a base? Besides cheesecake crust of course…
This Nutty Chocolate Crack(er) Brittle is made with just six ingredients and its so so easy to prep. It is also such a dreamy gift to make for someone for the holidays or to bring it to a party for a dessert.
You can get a bit creative with the cracker brittle and add any toppings you’d like. I used dark chocolate and a peanut butter layer. Then topped it off with my favorite nuts and some coconut flakes (they add the perfect “winter wonderland” feel). It is more sweet, salty and crunchy version of my Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Bark.
If you make this Nutty Chocolate Crack(er) Brittle, don’t forget to share with me on social. I cannot wait to hear what you think!
Nutty Chocolate Crack(er) Brittle
- 1 box of Glutino Crackers
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Toppings: coconut flakes, nuts, peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Line crackers evenly across baking tray
- In a small sauce pan, boil coconut oil and peanut butter then simmer for 3 minutes
- Pour over crackers and bake for 5 minutes in oven
- Remove add chocolate chips on top then smear with a spatula (chocolate should melt due to heat of the cracker/PB)
- Bake for another 3 minutes
- Sprinkle toppings evenly on top, I used peanut butter chips, coconut flakes and pecans
- Once baking tray is a bit cooler, add to fridge for about an hour
- Break apart and enjoy!
Thank you Glutino for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!