Has anyone been tracking the number of banana bread recipes on the blog yet?
I lost count awhile back but the possibilities of new banana bread combinations are seriously endless. Especially when my friends (aka you guys) are requesting different types for certain dietary restrictions or allergies. I gotcha covered!
Welcome the newest banana bread recipe to the crew – One-Bowl Paleo Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. A grain-free, gluten-free and vegan recipe and all you have to do is dirty one big a$$ bowl in the kitchen.
I’m the queen of making a big mess while baking and recipe testing but when it comes to just making something for fun or because I am craving it, I’m not trying to dirty a dozen bowls over here to make one recipe. And I know you guys can relate 😉
I mix in my go-to refined sugar-free dark chocolate from Hu Kitchen for the sweet chocolatey goodness in this recipe. I tend to mix it into the batter and sprinkle some chunks on top. It’s the best way to do it so you get chocolate inside and on the outside of the banana bread (chocolate in every single bite!).
Whenever I have been baking larger loaves like these, I immediately freeze half so we some stored up when we need breakfast and have nothing prepped or when the crashing strikes. Now that we have a little bub in our lives, the freezer stash is my best friend when I want something sweet. I always thank myself for saving something for later!
One-Bowl Paleo Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 3 large bananas)
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 4 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread dish with coconut oil and/or line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the banana, ground flax, coconut sugar, milk, coconut oil, nut butter and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy
- Mix in the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder until well combined with no clumps
- Fold in the dark chocolate then add to bread dish and bake for about 50-60 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean!)
- Allow the bread to cool for a bit then slice and enjoy
*Store leftovers in airtight container for 3 days, fridge for a week or freezer for 2 months
Thank you Hu Kitchen for sponsoring this post!