Don’t be deceived by the Pad Thai Salad title. I am SO not a Thai food lover. In fact I actually really don’t ever eat Thai food. It doesn’t settle well in my stomach and the spices and sauces are just too much for me to handle. That’s why I was inspired to make a Pad Thai Salad (it’s even vegan & gluten free) that I would actually love that includes some Thai flavors and ingredients.
Organicgirl also just launched two new salad mixes, one being sweet pea. It has sweet pea shoots, baby green romaine, tango, baby green oakleaf, baby greenleaf, baby green bok choy, and lolla rosa. These greens sounded so delicious and are such a unique mix. I then called my Mother-in-law, the salad making queen, and as soon as I mentioned Sweet Pea her first response was an Asian inspired salad.
This Pad Thai Salad is vegan and gluten free but you can also add any protein you’d like if you want to make it more filling. It would be delicious with some shrimp, tofu or grilled chicken for the extra protein boost. I ate this for lunch so the edamame and peanuts were good enough.
Also let’s chat about organicgirl. I’m sure you see them at your local food market because they have the most fresh and best quality produce out there. It is so refreshing to find a company that is 100% committed to delivering its customers nothing but the best. Organicgirl’s products are organic grown, triple washed, and they use earth-friendly 100% recycled plastic packaging. [insert round of applause here!]
Now here is the recipe for my Pad Thai Salad. You’ll see I didn’t use a specific Thai dressing and that’s because I have yet to find a dressing I love for this (any recommendations please let me know). Unless we are talking about Sweet Green’s Miso Ginger because I can actually drink that it is SO good. I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil and fresh lime in my Pad Thai Salad but the floor is yours! Use whatever you wish.
Pad Thai Salad
- 1 package of organicgirl sweet pea
- 1 box of pad thai rice noodles, about 2 cups
- 1 cup of shelled edamame
- 1 cup of roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup of toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of chopped scallion/green onion
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh lime squeeze
- Cook pad thai rice noodles and edamame beans as instructed.
- Let them both fully cool before making salad.
- In a large bowl add the cooled down rice noodles, edamame beans, sweetpea mix, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
- Mix well so ingredients are evenly distributed
- Toss salad with evoo and lime (or dressing of your choice)
This post was sponsored by organicgirl.