These cookies are a godsend, let me tell you. Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies that are grain and gluten AND nut-free? You better believe it. And no, they don’t taste like cardboard I promise. They are actually deliciously soft, rich and chocolatey cookies everyone will love.
Plus it gets even better. It takes a total of 15 minutes to make these gems. Yup, that is right friends, just 15 minutes of your life are between you and these paleo chocolate chip cookies.
It is also key to note that these cookies are SOFT because many paleo desserts tend to be a little too grainy and not very moist. These cookies are even a hit with Jord who is the King of classic Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies. Also I highly recommend these cookies both cold and warm. That taste amazing either way.
While most paleo desserts aren’t nut-free, this one absolutely is. You may remember SunButter from my Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and 6-ingredient Chocolate Granola. It is my go-to creamy nut butter that is 100% nut-free. I love baking with it because it is so mild in flavor and less overpowering than using peanut butter. I also use SunButter Organic for majority of the time. SunButter is free of soy, tree nuts, gluten, dairy, egg, sesame AND it is non-GMO. Basically it is a game changer for many who have a variety of allergies. You can sub it 1:1 for any nut butter recipe out there.
Another amazing part about these Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies is that they are also guilt-free. The ingredients are so clean and they are made of coconut flour, egg, coconut oil and coconut sugar. You also only need ONE bowl to make them. So it is a super easy clean up. If you are an avid reader of my blog, you most likely have all of these ingredients in your kitchen already.
And as you read in my Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread Muffins, I have been going to Flywheel Sports for their Flybarre and Flywheel classes. I spin about once a week and let me tell you, I am HANGRY on my spin days. This recipe is the ultimate way to satisfy your sweet tooth and feel good about it. There is protein, fiber and healthy fats in these cookies. You also can keep them in your gym bag for pre or post work out fuel. I gave some to my Flybarre instructors and they fell in love with them!
Finally, if you do make these cookies, please don’t forget to share them with us on social media. Now grab a glass of almond milk to dip these cookies into and ENJOY!
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (I do not recommend another flour)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 cup SunButter (or your nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (I haven't tested other sugars)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (make sure they are nut-free & paleo if you'd like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking tray with parchment paper
- Grease the parchment paper well with coconut oil or spray
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl
- Mix with Kitchen Aid to make sure everything is evenly combined together
- Fold in chocolate chips and mix with spoon or spatula
- Form into 10-12 cookies and line baking tray, about 2 tablespoons per cookie
- Baking for 8-12 minutes, I wanted mine to be soft so I did 10 minutes total