Happy almost Thanksgiving friends!
Bring on the holiday feast on Thursday. I am extra excited for this year for a few reasons. Number one, this is the first time in over five years I will be eating the turkey (more on that here). And number two, it is at my parent’s home for the first time ever. This means I can head home on Wednesday and stay in one place for the whole weekend. No traveling from one relative’s house to another then to Jord’s fam. We are staying home with my parents and brother and my grandparents are coming over! Seriously just what I need. Some serious r&r and sitting still.
My mom put me on dessert duty for the holiday and I made us what may be my most favorite fall dessert recipe yet.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Brownie Pie. This pie combines my favorite flavors of chocolate and pumpkin together into one delicious dessert. And it is made with minimal ingredients and it is lower on the sugar spectrum. Especially compared to traditional holiday pies!
I baked it in this gorgeous Kate Spade New York baking dish from Bed Bath & Beyond. I can easily spend hours in Bed Bath & Beyond looking at all of the bakeware and everything. Plus it is such a good idea to buy a pretty baking dish like this one, bake a dessert or dish then gift it to the host with the food in it! That is what I am doing with this dish for my mama! Bed Bath had so many fun things to choose from. I loved that this one said “sweet nothings” on it too.
I recently had some of the Bed Bath & Beyond crew at our apartment to shoot some fun holiday content I cannot wait to share with you! We highlighted a few of my other favorite items they sell that are must-have’s for the holidays. Stay tuned and I will let you know when the vides are up.
Check out their site or stores for all of the products they have. I personally can get lost on their site. There is so much to choose from!
Now let’s bake this Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Brownie Pie friends! It is made with just one bowl, a few ingredients and I can promise you it will be a crowd pleaser. It was inspired after my Epic Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake and Peanut Butter Skillet Brownie.
WHAT YOU NEED
Nut butter (this one isn’t paleo but it is so good!)
Dark chocolate – I used this one (code rachLcoconutcups for free chocolate surprise with orders!)
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter (I used almond)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 inch round baking dish with parchment paper or grease well with oil
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, nut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract until smooth
- Mix in the dry ingredients: almond flour, cacao powder and baking powder until smooth
- Fold in ¼ cup chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan and spread to the edges. Smooth top with a spatula
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until knife comes out clean
Thank you Bed Bath & Beyond for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!