Paleo Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Scones are HERE. The first sweet recipe of 2018 is ready for you guys.
In case you are relatively new around here, I am all about creating recipes that are made with real ingredients. I don’t want anyone to sacrifice flavor for health or think that they can’t eat a baked good because it’s not “healthy”. We can have our cake and eat it too and not feel guilty about it. I’m not into juicing or depriving and I definitely am not living my life without my baked goods.
I use ingredients like almond and coconut flour, avocado oil, sprouted oats and more in my recipes. You won’t find much refined sugar or regular flour or even dairy-based milk around here. I love finding new products to add to my daily eats and drinks that also make me feel good. Like Vital Proteins!
Vital Proteins is one of my most favorite products. I truly love and believe in their products and have seen such a benefit by using them. They have a variety of product lines now focusing on collagen peptides but my favorites are the collagen peptides, marine collagen and bone broth collagen. They don’t have any taste to them and you can add them into pretty much anything. I love to bake with collagen as well as add it to my smoothies and tea. Jord loves using it in his coffee (it dissolves easily in hot beverages!)
I love that I am adding protein to my food and drinks and by using collagen, I am also adding an extra boost for my hair, skin and nails. It also helps with digestion, joint health and more.
These Paleo Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Scones are a delicious recipe using collagen peptides. Once you are done baking and enjoying these, I also have a handful of more recipes on the blog featuring collagen peptides!
WHAT YOU NEED
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THESE
- They are made with almond and coconut flour providing extra healthy fats
- These Paleo Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Scones also include collagen peptides (more on that above)
- These scones are low in sugar and in fact have no added sugar besides the chocolate chips!
- They come out a bit more “moist” than your traditional dry scone (likely why I love them!)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 packet (or 2 scoops) of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree (pumpkin could work too)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray or large dish with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and mix well
- In a small bow whisk together wet ingredients until combined
- Fold wet ingredients into dry then fold in dark chocolate chips
- Place dough onto pan and form a big disk then cut in 8 pieces
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes and enjoy!
- *These will be more moist than most scones because of the sweet potato, if you prefer drier scones then add more almond flour or less puree. Will stay good in fridge for a week
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in! xx