It’s about time there is a zucchini bread recipe on the blog.
This isn’t your traditional zucchini bread recipe because of the ingredients and the texture is a bit different. The whole loaf is paleo and I use almond flour and coconut flour making it a bit more dense then the usually fluffy and cakey zucchini bread. It’s so satisfying and the chunks of dark chocolate almonds and pieces of zucchini make it absolutely unreal.
I use Hu Kitchen’s Dark Chocolate Almond Hunks inside the batter. Yup, that’s right – I chopped up these dreamy chocolatey almonds instead of the usual chocolate bar (don’t worry the chocolate bar is on top!). They add an extra crunch and a little sweet and salty flavor inside! I sprinkle their new Earl Grey Cashew Butter bar on top of the loaf before baking and the melted chocolate and cashew butter together is insane in the best way possible.
I found this loaf was more of a breakfast/snack for me rather than dessert. It isn’t super sweet. In fact the whole sweetener besides the chocolate is 6 tablespoons of maple syrup – that’s it!
Warm up a couple slices and smear a little nut butter on top and enjoy friends.
Once you devour this loaf, here are a few of my other go-to breads on the blog: Gluten-free Cinnamon Swirl Breakfast Bread, Dark Chocolate Chip Muffin Bread and Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Banana Apple Bread.
Paleo Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Bread
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup organic shredded zucchini (squeeze out the moisture!)
- 1/3 cup Hu Kitchen Chocolate Almond Hunks, chopped
- 1 Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread dish well or line with parchment paper
- Whisk together the eggs, maple syrup and coconut oil
- Mix in the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder until evenly combined
- Fold in the zucchini then the dark chocolate hunks well
- Sprinkle the chocolate bar on top and bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until ready
- Slice and enjoy!
*Store leftovers in fridge for 5 days or freezer for a couple of months. Reheat before eating!