I am SO excited you guys. Today is the day I fly out to LA for Expo West! YESSS. I have been dreaming of going to Expo West since before I even started blogging. Back during my social media manager days. I envision it has like Disneyland for organic/natural food products filled with every delicious food and beverage I could imagine.
This year a handful of my friends in the space are flying out for it too, which makes it even more special. It will be a weekend of hanging with friends, meeting brands in person and hanging with my family since my Mom and Dad are joining me (lolz I am 5 years old, I know).
It only seems fitting to share this recipe with you today because it is made with Bob’s Red Mill PALEO baking flour. AKA my newest obsession and addiction. It is a dream come true for a grain-free baker and I have been using it none stop since trying it a few months ago.Bob never seizes to amaze me. AND I get to meet him this week! Every item you could possibly want or need is under the Bob’s Red Mill family. My oats, flours, grains, nuts, seeds, anything! Are all from BRM. And now this paleo baking flour has quickly become a staple in my pantry.
Their Paleo Baking Flour Mix is filled with almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour and tapioca flour. It is so flavorful and has an amazing nutritional value compared to your ordinary flour. It has healthy fats, protein and fiber in it making your baking a bit more nutritious the usual. While it isn’t a 1:1 sub for regular flour, it is the ideal mix for making any flatbreads, cookies, brownies, pancakes, etc. into a paleo recipe.
I constantly fail at making paleo pancakes and once used a dozen eggs trying to perfect coconut flour ones. I knew that if I could make solid pancakes using this flour, it would be a game changer. And that is where these Paleo-ish Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Pancakes come in. I say “ish” because I do use coconut and almond yogurt while making them.
Zucchini bread is one of my absolute favs (or any bread for that matter) and pancakes are a weekend staple over here. I had never had or heard of zucchini pancakes prior to this and hope they are knew for you babes too. They are super easy to make and even get crispy on the edges.
WHAT YOU NEED
Coconut or almond yogurt
Dark chocolate chips
- I use a blender for the batter here to combine so it is mixed well. If you don’t have one, just mix well by hand
- Make sure the zucchini’s are squeezed really well to get the moisture out or your batter will be way too watery
- I have not tested any other flours here so I recommend using Bob’s Paleo one! It really is amazing!!
- These pancakes stay well so you can freeze them after making and defrost as you’d like to eat
- 2 eggs (have not tested chia or flax eggs)
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (squeeze really well to get moisture out!)
- 3/4 cup Bobs Red Mill Paleo Flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients except dark chocolate chips in a blender and blend until well combined
- The pancake batter should be a little thick, if it is too thin just add a little more paleo flour
- Fold in dark chocolate chips into the batter
- Grease a medium pan with coconut oil and turn heat onto medium
- Once the pan is heated, add about 2 tablespoons of batter onto the pan to form a pancake, I was able to cook about 2-3 pancakes at a time
- Serve with your favorite maple syrup or nut butter!
- *Store in fridge for 5-7 days or you can freeze for longer!
Thank you Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!